Chapter 7

༺༻
I've been waiting for this chapter since I started this darn book! Haha! Christmas special!!

Also, I didn't edit this chapter so boo-hoo if there are spelling mistakes. 😀
༺༻

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

Nendou was gone, finally, his mother and father were off to bed and Saiki was sitting on the front step. It was cold, yes, but he had pyrokinesis keeping him warm. He had gotten a message from [y/n] to wait up for him. He had been with his family all day, his father's side coming to town for a visit, so Saiki hadn't seen him.

Lately, it feels to Saiki that he's become addicted to [y/n]. His presence feels like a drug! When he's by his side Saiki feels like he's suddenly not the most powerful person in the room, it makes his heart race and his palms get sweaty, and it's all [y/n]'s doing. [y/n] holds so much power over the psychic, and he doesn't even know it. Yet that's all Saiki has ever wanted, to be normal, with no powers, just someone's equal. And when he's with him, he is, and it is exhilarating. Then [y/n] leaves, and his mood drops, his heartbeat slows and he can get cranky easily. It's hard to enjoy anything when his mind is stuck missing [y/n].

Suddenly he became sullen with the lack of [y/n], creating a hollow feeling in his chest. His mind wandered to how [y/n]'s Christmas had been. Did he have a good time? How was his family doing? What's taking him so long?

"You don't look too jolly." A voice teased. Saiki smiled, his eyes lifting to meet [color] ones. All of a sudden he didn't need pyrokinesis to keep warm; his body burned with excitement.

"It's cold." He narrowed his eyes at the approaching boy with fondness. He admired the way [y/n]'s eyes danced with the shimmer of the lights that adorned his home.

"And here I thought you missed me." [y/n] smiled shedding his heavy coat to drape around Saiki, still wrapped in a comfy hoodie that was underneath. It was unnecessary but appreciated.

"I saw you the other day." He joked back. Saiki's grin spread wider as [y/n] planted himself beside him, wrapping an arm around him.

"Well, I missed you." [y/n] sighed. "It didn't feel right, having Christmas without you."

"Yeah." It was a simple and short response, but to [y/n] it was like a thousand words. Yeah, I understand. Because I felt the same way.

"Kusuo," His voice wavered in hesitation. "Can I ask you something?"

'Now or never, I guess.'

'Is this what I think it is?'

"Yes."

"Well," He paused pulling away from Saiki enough to turn his body to face him. He froze for a moment, remember having been in a similar position as this before. It felt like years ago! "Have you ever fallen in love?"