Making Up

Before getting into this chapter, I'm going to change up how I write out the MC's thoughts. Of course I'll still specify when he's thinking, but thought I should just give a small heads up.

——————————————————————

Hiroki got up with a groan escaping his lips.

His body felt sore and he was tired. Thankfully, it was the weekend so he had the day to just lay down and rest.

The room itself was pretty messy, with things all over the place as the two went pretty wild last night.

"I see you're awake. Did you enjoy last night?~" Kuroka said, laying beside Hiroki on his bed, naked like him.

"Yeah. It was amazing."

Though, immediately Hiroki was able to sense someone getting closer to his room thanks to his passive skill of [Detection].

"Hurry, change back into your cat form and get rid of the barrier!" Hiroki told her as he grabbed her by the shoulders and she gave a sigh, while still complying with his request.

Her body shifted and transformed to that of a cats, making it so it just looked like Hiroki ended up messing up his room with no one else in the room.

He was able to tell whoever it was made it to his front door, and they turned the door open.

"Hey dad. What do you need?" Hiroki asked his father, a smile on his face.

"How did you make such a big mess—You know, it doesn't matter. I wanted to get you up so we can spend some time together." His father told him, making Hiroki remember about the promise he made to his mom a while ago to spend some time with his dad.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. Anyway, wait a couple of minutes and I'll come down, then we can go wherever you want." Hiroki told his dad, to which his dad gave a nod.

"Make sure to hurry up." Hiroki's dad told him with a smile on his face as he left the room.

———-

"So, where are we going?" Hiroki asked inside of his dads car.

[You have leveled up the skill 'Detection' to level 25
+ 100 XP
+ 100 Coins]

[You have maxed out the skill 'Detection'
+500 XP]

"Seriously! I already maxed out the detection skill? Well, guess that is all done for leveling up just by waking around the place."

Hiroki thought to himself as he sighed out loud, realizing the max of his detection ability is 25 meters.

Hiroki is currently wearing a white and black button up long sleeve shirt over a black t-shirt. His pants were just some jeans he put on, and he swiped away the notifications only he can see as discretely as possible.

"By the way, it seems like you've been a little more different than usual. Is something going on?" Daisuke asked Hiroki, his voice showing his concern.

"Nothing really. Just that the club I joined is making me realize a lot of things."

"That's a good thing. To realize a lot more about yourself and become involved with others at the same time, it's something you should take pride in." Daisuke told Hiroki with a smile on his face as he changed lanes.

"Well..I guess he's right."

Hiroki thought to himself as he agreed that usually, it would be a good thing. But his case was finding out that he wasn't as normal as he thought he was, in a bad way instead of a good kind of way.

After all, finding out your less sane than a friend of yours isn't anything to find reassuring.

"So, where are we going?" Hiroki asked Daisuke with a curious tone of voice.

"You'll see. Though we should get some food before we go there." Daisuke told Hiroki with a smile on his face, looking strangely at peace and happy.

Hiroki started to think back on how he viewed his step-father, and turned to gaze outside the window.

"He... He isn't my dad. And he keeps trying to replace him. I don't care what he's going to try and do today, but I won't change my opinion on him."

Hiroki thought to himself as he started to remember all the times they interacted.

How he always tried to act like his father, asking him how was school, telling him he could help with his studies, asking about if he got a girlfriend.

Hiroki could only view all those things he did, as trying to replace his birth father who has long since passed away.

It was immature and nonsensical, but he was a immature teenager. Even with the fact of recognizing that he wasn't a normally sane person, he was still an immature teenager who holds onto grudges easily.

————-

"Here we are." Daisuke told Hiroki, and Hiroki's eyes widened at seeing exactly where the two were.

They were at the cemetery, where none other than Hiroki's birth father was buried.

Daisuke opened the door for himself, holding a box that Hiroki only just noticed as he did so.

Hiroki got out and followed behind Daisuke as they went through a path in the cemetery. One of which lead to Hiroki's birth father.

When they made it to his gravestone, Daisuke placed the box he held onto it.

"What is in that?" Hiroki asked after the box was placed onto the grave.

"It was some cheesecake. I heard it used to be his favourite." Daisuke told Hiroki as the two then gave their respects towards Hiroki's birth father.

"I should've probably been more clear about this, but I don't intend to take the place of your father."

"Huh?" Hiroki muttered out in confusion at his words, considering how his perception of Daisuke was etched around how he wanted to replace his birth father.

"I know that you view me like I am taking his place, but I never intended to do that. Your real father isn't me, that is true, but I still care about you as my son. I do want you to see me as a father figure, but I won't force you." Daisuke told Hiroki as his eyes widened and breath got caught in his own throat.

"You... Stop lying! There's no way you actually mean that! I mean, how can you when all you've tried to do ever since I met you is take his place?!" Hiroki lashed out in denial at what he was told, flinging his arms at Daisuke.

His expression wasn't his usual one, right now, it was one of complete denial and instability.

Instead of saying anything, Daisuke reached out his arms, and surprising Hiroki, had hugged him.

"You can hate me all you want if that's how you think of me, but at least be nice to your mother and don't blame her for any of this." Daisuke told Hiroki while the two hugged, though Hiroki didn't really reciprocate the hug.

"..That's not fair... How can you just say something like that.. and expect to continue hating you..." Hiroki weakly muttered as he came upon the realization, that it was none other than himself who was in the wrong this whole time.