14. Kidnapped

Jason had just finished installing a new air filter in the Chevrolet Impala for one of his clients as he pulled down the hood of the car. He glanced at the clock again, for the tenth time in the last hour and noticed the time hit 2:50pm. His nerves were on edge as the clock ticked closer to 3pm. Tyrus would be showing up in exactly 10 minutes and Jason was nervous about seeing him again.

He pulled a set of keys from his pocket, opening up the car door and sliding into the drivers seat. The client wouldn't be back to collect the car until tomorrow so he turned on the engine, setting the car into drive as he drove it out of the garage and around the corner to the warehouse where he stored cars he wasn't working on.

As he parked the car in the warehouse, next to several others, he turned off the engine and remained seated. "Pull yourself together Jason," he whispered. "You can do this. Just say no and he'll give up soon enough."

The little pep talk did nothing for his nerves and he tried shaking them off as the beat of his heart pounded against his chest. When he finally managed to calm down enough he looked at the time on the dashboard.

Shit. It was already 3:02pm.

Opening the car door, he slid out, closing it gently and made his way back towards the garage. He turned the corner, his eyes immediately glancing over the white Porsche parked in the middle of the workshop. Man did he love that car.

His gaze turned in the direction of the rickety table in the corner where Tyrus normally sat, however he was surprised when he didn't find Tyrus in his normal seat. Perhaps he finally decided to sit inside with the air conditioning. It was another hot day and Jason couldn't blame him. To be honest, he was slightly relieved that he would have a bit of relief from the constant pressure of going out on a date with Tyrus.

Sure, it had been nice at first, and who didn't love being the object of someone's affection, but it was draining considering his answer was no. His answer was always going to be no. Jason resolved himself on that. No matter what, he couldn't cave in. He had people that depended on him to stay focused and keep them safe, at all costs. He had failed once before. He wasn't going to fail again.

Walking over to the car, he popped the hood and got to work. There was nothing really that needed doing so he found himself with a cloth in his hand, wiping down the inside of the engine, trying his best to make it sparkle. He took pride in his work and at least it provided him with a much needed distraction.

He was only five minutes into it when he felt a pair of hands grab hold of his hips and body pushing up against his back. Jason straightened up, his hands resting on the hood of the car as he was surrounded by the earthy smell of sandalwood, leather and the slight scent of scotch. A scent he only ever recognised as Tyrus.

A set of masculine hands roamed to the front of Jason's chest, creating a tingling sensation across his body.

"Please stop," sighed Jason, as he felt the weight of Tyrus's body against his.

Tyrus however didn't stop his hands from moving, gripping Jason in an even tighter embrace. He tried to get out of his grip but it was too strong. Or perhaps Jason didn't actually want to move away from him. He sure wasn't trying very hard to get out of his hold.

"I have two tickets to an event this afternoon. They would go to waste if you didn't join me," said Tyrus into his ear.

Great. Now he was trying to guilt Jason into going on a date with him. He found that Tyrus had tried most tactics in his book to get Jason to agree on a date with him, but so far none of them worked. And none of them ever would.

"I'm busy," replied Jason, with his usual response.

"You're not. I just asked Noah," said Tyrus, turning Jason around to face him. So that's what Tyrus was doing when he first arrived.