The Man Who Loves ( Chris x Reader )

Plot - ( REQUESTED BY @Dhnaqxranj on AO3 !! THANK YOU SO MUCH <3 ) Chris and Reader have been together for almost 3 years, but after recent events, they begin to drift apart. Thinking that Chris should tell Ethan the truth, Reader gets into a fight with Chris, which they both later regret.

A/N - Hi guys!! I know I told you that my schools would open and I wouldn't be able to post that much, but I couldn't stop and here you go! I hope you like it.

Chris' mission this time was more dangerous than the others, and one that required even more secrecy. You loved Ethan and Mia so much that even though you didn't think it was appropriate for Chris to keep something from Ethan, Chris convinced you that it was the right thing to do. Of course, you didn't go too far after that and let him work comfortably. You didn't have anything to do with the BSAA or the spying, or you weren't on his team because he met you somewhere in his outside world. If you were to ask how this man left his job and went for a trip, it was because of the will and insistence of his team. You fell in love after you thought you knew him pretty well because you knew Chris wouldn't be able to spend a lot of time with you, and that wasn't a problem because after all, it was his job and making money was a must for any household.

But soon, when Chris proposed to you unexpectedly, you couldn't help but accept it. You were together almost every day anyway, and why not get married and stay in the same house? Even after 3 years, your love and respect for each other continued. You both tried to undermine each other when there was an argument and that's how you maintained your relationship. Of course, as in every relationship, you also had small fights, but it was not something that could be made big.

But you still couldn't understand why he didn't tell Ethan. After all, he was Rose's father and he needed to know, and of course you had goosebumps when Chris told you that Mia wasn't the real Mia and you couldn't believe that you went to their house for so long and wentssip about Chris with someone else instead of Mia. He could have killed you right there but he didn't, so you thank God for it. You sighed and got up from the desk you were sitting at and went to his office to see what Chris was doing. Seeing him there still buried among the papers, you whimpered and asked him to get some rest. He was working so hard morning and evening that sweat was running down his forehead from stress. Once when you sat down to dinner and saw that Chris' forehead was wet, you wanted to raise your hand to wipe it, and when you saw that it was sweaty, you involuntarily grimaced. You certainly didn't envy each other, but it wasn't exactly the right moment when you were eating. Chris gave you that perfect smile against it and continued with his meal.

You just stood there unaware that Chris was looking at you as you smiled at the memory. When you suddenly sobered up and looked at him, you saw that he was smiling at you too, and you bowed your head in embarrassment. Even though you tried to cover your red cheeks with your hair, it didn't have much effect because they were short. Chris, on the other hand, got up from his chair and came over to you, grabbed your chin, brought his face to yours, and placed a small kiss on your nose.

"May I know what my girl was thinking while smiling like that?" Chris had such a beautiful accent that it was like a language in its own right. Refusing to say it, you shrugged and wrapped your arms around his muscular body. His perfume mixed with sweat was enchanting you and you could always stay that way. Chris wasn't exactly a cuddling guy and would seldom hug you and that was usually the end of the day. You would have missed him too when he came from work, and it was the perfect time to quench the longing. But despite that, Chris wraped his arms around you and pulled you closer.