Prologue

*Bristol's POV*

    "You'll never get away from me Darlin, you're mine. Better come out or you'll I'll go harder on you when I find you." His cold voice echoed in the gentle stillness of the fall night. It was cold, probably 45 degrees. I should've been cold, I was only in my panties and bra. But I was sweating.

     *THUD* THUD* THUD* I heard his boots echo above me on the sturdy wooden porch. The flimsy screen door slammed behind him. He was directly above me. I didn't move(not that I could have if I wanted to.), My blood pounded through my veins I was sure he could hear my heart pounding. It sound like a drum.

     "Princess, come to daddy. Where are ya babe?" His voice invaded my ears, it got to me  inside my head. I clamped my dirty hands over my mouth to muffle the sobbs that tried to escape. After the sobbs stopped, I risked a glance up to see his eyes peering at me through the cracks in the boards.

    "Found ya princess." He said calmly, his ice cold voice wrapping around my heart, and squeezing. I couldn't move. I just sobbed as he drug out from under the porch. He drug me inside and threw me on the dirty bed. Pulling my panties down holding my arms. He Smiled.

      "Bristol, Bristol, Bristol" he said nuzzling my neck. I screamed, as sobbs racked my body. "Bristol," he said urgently, "Bristol, baby, wake up!" The voice transformed. "Bristol, honey!"

        My eyes flew open, as relief flooded through my body. I was on Olivia's couch. I was safe. I was drenched in sweat. My hair stuck to my face both from sweat, and tears.

        "Bristol, you're okay honey. Can I hug you?" Olivia asked gently, touching my shoulder, ignoring my flinching. I nodded my head. She pulled me onto her lap, and rubbed circles on my back. "You're safe, sweetheart.... he can't get you. You're fine. Shh shhh." She cooed. "Try to sleep, baby girl. I'll hold you." She said. My breathing accelerated as I thought about sleeping again.

     "No, no, I can't sleep!" I said breathing rapidly. I felt as if I couldn't get any air, I started breathing faster, and heavier.

    "Shhh, Bristol. Calm down baby, you're having an anxiety attack. Match your breathing with mine. In... out.... in.... out." I tried to match Olivia' s and after a few minutes I was calm.                "Please, ease don't make me sleep." I pleaded.

   "Okay, sweety, you don't have to." She said slightly rocking me I felt safe, a feeling that was foreign to me. I allowed myself to relax a bit. I even started nodding off, soon I was asleep cuddled up to the only person who had been able to make me feel safe.