Chapter 1: Senior

Tick. Tick. Tick

All I can hear is the sound of the pen of my seatmate in class.

My whole class is just taking down our schedules that Mrs. Alvirez wrote on the board a few minutes ago, and I'm already done, just sitting here on my chair and obviously so bored.

It's the first day of my Senior High School, so you know what the first days of school feels like. It's so boring, and the day takes forever. Seeing other students exchanging their I miss you's and watching them smile at each other because they are so glad that they meet once again after Summer Vacation.

I'm Valerian Blanche, 17. my friends in my old school usually calls me Val or Rian. We never saw each other again ever since I moved here to Australia, I badly miss them. And now I just look at their pictures, or sometimes they give me a call or Goodmorning texts.

Well, since I'm a new student here, I'm back to square one. Being a loner and having no one to talk to. Tho, it doesn't bother me, I enjoy the peace.

---

RIIINNNGGG

Well, there goes the bell. It's time for lunch, I really have no mood to eat. But an apple and a soda sounds good to me I guess.

I stood up and grabbed my books and papers, and I walked towards the door of our classroom.

"Ms. Blanche?" I heard Mrs. Alvirez called my name with a gentle tone as soon as I was about to leave my classroom, I turned to face her and walked towards her.

"Yes Ma'am?" I questioned.

"You are new here, yes?" She asked me.

I nodded and she softly smiled at me.

"Well, You should smile more.. It suits you. And try to make friends too, mingle with them." She said while putting some papers in her folder above her desk.

I nodded and awkwardly smiled, "Of Course, Mrs. Alvirez.. Will do." I answered.

After she smiled at me, I already left the classroom with a sigh, It's not easy for me to just make friends, it gives me anxiety, and I'm having a hard time communicating with people.

---

I sat alone in the cafeteria, not for the first time. Geez, I can't get off of my mind about what Mrs. Alvirez told me a while ago. Was it that obvious that I'm such an introverted or a reserved person?

"Sup, loner?" An unfamiliar girl that has long brown hair with fierce eyes approached me.

The way she looked at me, it doesn't already look good news to me. Her face has this sour expression on.

"Do I... Know you?" I asked while not wanting to look at her.

"The name's Aubrey." She said as she offered her hand as a sign for a handshake.

I looked at her hand-offering because I was hesitating to accept it, But.. maybe it's not so bad at all? maybe she just wants to be friends with me.

When I was about to accept her hand, she immediately took it back, and it made me look at her with an obvious look of confusion on my face.

She teasingly laughed at me, "You dimwitted person, you really thought I'm gonna offer my hand to a loner-loser like you?" She added.

God, I'm such a complete idiot. My hopes were just too high and I didn't think properly. Why did I expect someone like 'her' will be friends with me? I shouldn't have taken her hand, Now she is just making fun of me deep inside, looking at how ridiculous and stupid I am.

I watched her leave me alone and go to her group of friends at the other table. I saw them all look at me and started to laugh from the distance, and I just looked away, this is not new to me anymore. It's always like this. Why did my Father just decided out of the blue that we should move here, I didn't want to go but I had no choice.

My Father always says that it's for his 'business', and it just frustrates me because he never asked me if I'm okay with this nor if I'm okay with that.

And as usual, he just disappears and then I will be left alone at home. Whenever I'll be home alone, he never left money for me to buy my needs like food or supplies, that's why I'm having a hard time living my whole life.

There are days that he comes home, and that's what I'm afraid of.
Because whenever he is home, he is drunk and angry and would blame me for everything that he sees something wrong in the house that we are living in.

---

Finally,

My last period has ended, I've been looking forward to leaving this hell hole, prison, or whatever you name it.

After what that Aubrey had done to me earlier at the cafeteria, I already want to disappear.

As I exited the school's gate, I prefer to walk home as always, my House isn't that far from my school so it's fine. Tho, I always find walking relaxing. Especially at night.. Unfortunately, I can't leave my house at night.

After a few more steps in front of my house, I already felt sudden dizziness, my body felt so weak immediately, I feel like I'm about to throw up, everything that my visions see is spinning. Except.. I saw a black figure from the distance of our backyard, it looked like a tall boy, but it's so blurry and I can't see properly.

I hold on to the post of our House, luckily I already arrived at my place, my whole body felt so cold, and I'm still trying to make my way into our house.

After a few steps, I'm finally in front of our door, I tried to reach for my pocket to get my House keys even tho I'm still feeling weak.

After I successfully opened the door, I immediately went in and dropped my bag on the floor.
I immediately tried to go upstairs to go into my room, everything I see is so shaky and blurry.

As soon as I got into my room, I let myself fall on my bed, and now all I can see is my ceiling but its so blurry and it's making my head hurt.

"Val.."

"Val can you hear me?"

What's going on?