Chapter 11: New Girl

~Earlier~

Burton Bishop's POV

I'm walking towards our school hallway that is kinda crowded as usual, I was about to go to my next period early but I suddenly bumped into someone.

I looked at her and..

She is beautiful. Well, there are a lot of beautiful women here but she is the only one who caught my attention. Slightly long Dark Brown hair, Jade-colored eyes, and natural blush of pink on her cheeks.

"Oh, I.. I am so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you I wasn't looking on my way.." she said, and I remember that voice is similar to that woman I talked to on the phone that night. But like I said, I can't remember her name, it's 'Ms. B..' something I really can't remember.

I'm kinda shocked and lowkey excited about her, but also confused.. Because what if I'm just being stupid? a lot of women here were from Australia but, she is the only one I talked to for the first time.

What if it's her? 

What if the voice calling me all this time is her?

"Uh.. Are you alright?" She asked me, then I hooked my head and slid back my hair that was blocking my sight, I was too focused on her. What is this feeling?

"Yeah, I'm alright.. And I didn't mean to bump into you either I'm sorry." I said and I felt my face is kinda warm, am I blushing? I hope I'm not. God that will be so weird for a new girl to see me blushing.

She nodded at me and awkwardly smiled at me, and now we are just awkwardly standing in front of each other, and the silent air between us makes it even more awkward. Should I leave? but there is this thing I'm feeling that I don't wanna leave her alone just like that, should I talk to her more? God, Burton what are you doing?

"You're uh.. You're new here, right?" I asked trying to be calm, oh my God I've never done this before to a girl, or like finally having the urge to talk more to someone.

"Yeah, I am.. I'm actually from Australia. Then suddenly things change and my Father and I have to move here." She explained.

So she is the girl that everyone has been talking about.

"Ah I see, It's actually crazy here because you know bullies are around and It's insane." I added while lowkey being nervous because what if I'm weirding her out.

But she softly giggled at my response and that made me form a soft smile on my face, I made a girl laugh. It feels nice for making someone happy. She seems cool and I wanna hang out with her more.

"Well yeah, I guess we really can't escape bullying. Maybe it's a part of human nature." She said then I let out a chuckle, plus what she said has a point.

"So uh.. What's your name?" I asked, And I still can't believe I'm doing this. Damn it doesn't matter, as long as I'm not weirding her out we are both fine. Jesus, social anxiety leave me alone just this once.

Tho, I already feel comfortable with her. And that's for the first time too, everyone here doesn't like to talk to me until I got so used to it and it doesn't even bother me at all. Until she came, so this is new to me. And I like it, I just hope she likes talking to me too.

"It's Valerian." She answered.

I was calm at first when she answered me, Until I realized something that made my eyes slightly widened.

Valerian..

Val..

Is she Val?

I suddenly remembered that time I was sleep talking and I called out a girl's name.

But dreams can't be real.. Right?

"Oh, Valerian. You have a cool name, reminds me of those Vampire Books that my mom gave me." I said while softly smiling at her then she smiled back at me.

Her smile..

It's so beautiful.

Oh my goodness! what am I thinking? 

"Thank you, my Dad picked it for me.. What about you? What's your name?" she asked.

"It's Bur-" My answer got cut off because the school's bell started ring, making all the students scatter around and being in a rush again.

"Oh!! I have to go, maybe we can talk again later, See ya!" She exclaimed being in a rush.

"It's alright! maybe we can meet at the back of the school!" I said and I also got shocked after saying that, I'm so unbelievable. And for all of the places at school, I said we will meet at the back. I hope she is not thinking anything suspicious about it, it's just the back of the school is peaceful and relaxing.

"Sure, I'll meet you there." She said with a soft smile.

Until we both parted ways and went to our classrooms.

~Present~

[NOW PLAYING: Apocalypse - Cigarettes After Sex]

I am now at the back of our school sitting on the ground, I'm really not expecting that she is going to come, and it's alright to me if she didn't. But after a few minutes, I heard footsteps getting closer to me, I turned around and I saw..

Valerian..

She actually came, and it made me smile softly.

"Hey." I said then she sat beside me.

"Hello." She said and smiled back at me.

"I.. I really didn't expect you were going to come." I said while kinda stuttering.

She started to giggle slightly, "Well, I wanted to make change. And I want to learn how to hang out with people. But I guess I just really don't know." She said and she started to look down on the ground.

I looked at her and I feel the same way and I understand her, I've been there done that. I guess we are kind of the same person huh?

I stood up and offered my hand to her.

"Then, let's figure out how to do it together." I said with a soft smile on my face, like I said I feel comfortable around her now, I just hope she feels the same way.

"Hold on.. I never get to catch your name first." She said.

"It's Burton." I answered.

I saw the shock in her eyes, and it made me confuse, does she recognize me?

she shook her head and smiled at me and she accepted my hand and stood up.

"Well Burton, let's figure it out. Together. I'm glad I bumped into you, you make me feel comfortable for the first time, and I hope I'm not doing a mistake." She added and we both slightly laughed at each other.

Wait? She does feel comfortable around me? That's the first time I heard that from someone, I'm glad.. This feels nice.

"This is not a mistake, Maybe there is really a change. And we are going to try that 'Change' out together."

I took her to my favorite place that always calms and relaxes me.

And that is the park near our house with the swings.

We ditched school and made it to the park, then she stopped walking with me, I look at her and I saw her observing the park.

"I've seen this place before." She said while scattering her visions everywhere in the park.

What?

How?

Maybe it is her..

The voice I've been hearing.

Val? Is it really you?