Sneaking Out

Hazel fiddled with her flowery dress as she sat on her window seat staring out the window. She gazed out into the soundless night, waiting for the red pick up truck to appear. It was her and Franks four month anniversary and he was taking her out.

"Hazel honey?" Came her Father's call. "Are you in bed yet?"

"Yes Dad!" She huffed, her Dad could be really over protective sometimes. She heard footfalls coming up the stairs and slipped into bed.

The door peeped open and in came a skinny figure who quickly shut the door and lay down beside her on the bed. "I know you're not asleep."

Hazel blew a sigh of relief and sat up. "Oh good Nico I thought it was Dad." She smiled at her half brother. "How was school?"

He shrugged. "Same old." Then he glanced over her shoulder and raised a brow. "We'll I shouldn't keep you. Be back by eleven."

Hazel scrambled up and to the window, pushing it open and clambering out. She was about to begin her descent down the vine when she remembered her pale brother standing watching her. Her golden eyes softened.

"Thank you" she smiled.

He gave her a wry smile. "Don't have too much fun."

So with her brothers good wishes she shimmied down the vine and to her boyfriends truck.

"Hello" she panted, out of breath as she hopped into the drivers seat. His face split into a winning smile at her presence.

"Hey." Frank lent over and embraced her, lips grazing her cheek. Her breath hitched, then he pulled back. "Where shall we go?"

"Don't mind." She laced her hand with his. "As long as I'm with you." Frank sighed contentedly. He spun the wheel and they cruised off.

"Can I ask you something?" Hazel queried hesitantly, breaking the comfortable silence. Frank nodded, eyes not leaving the road. "You know you've changed since starting football, made new friends, become more popular, even got more handsome if that was possible." His cheeks reddened at her words. "And I remember before we started dating how you told me something. Is that still true?" She glanced over at his face which seemed to have frozen.

Then the car slowed to a halt, right in the middle of the empty road. He turned and faced her. His hand brushed her face.

"Hazel, I have changed, and so have you. But never ever doubt that I love you." Her eyes shone with tears as they kissed softly.

"I love you too" she laughed happily. Frank restarted the car and they drove off to who knows where.

ALERT! ALERT!! FRAZEL FLUFF AHEAD!

And the introduction of Nico :)

Next chapters Pipers POV and it's the infamous diner scene.

Man I love writing this fanfic.

And thanks to @GreenNinjaGirl for the recommendation because Always_Love_Books_ has agreed to make a cover for this story! Many thanks :)

QOTC: what's your favorite HOO book? Mine is the lost hero, but I also like the mark of Athena

Comment if you like

Ta ta for now

H E R E C O M E S T H E S U N
(sophie)