Chapter 15

~~~~~CHAPTER 15~~~~~~~~~~

“Just go right in he’ll be right with you.”

The women at the front desk said. We all nodded. Damien pulled me to the front of them. I looked at him confused.

“Your going first.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Chicken shit.”

I mumbled and opened the door. Rob was sitting at his desk. Headphones were in his ears and he had to pens and was using them as drum stix. I held back a laugh and walked up to his desk. He saw me and pulled out the head phones and smiled.

“Nice drum sticks. Very original.”

I said smiling. Rob blushed and stood up and shook my hand.

“Nice to see you to Leanne it’s always a pleasure.”

He said smirking. I laughed. He walked around and shook the others hands. He motioned for us to sit in the seats in the office. His office had golden and silver records on the wall. Along with certificates and im guessing awards. The room was painted black with a big long glass window that went across the wall behind his massive desk. Rob sat on the edge of his desk facing us.

“Now, We would love to sign you but their’s one condition.”

We all looked at him intently.

“You have to sign on to us and get ready to make a record.”

We all sighed in relief and nodded. Rob reached behind him and grabbed a packet filled with papers. He handed them to me.

“Skim through them if you’d like and their’s a signing page on the last page.”

I nodded. The guys went to grab the packet. I slapped their hands away. I read through the fine print. I skimmed through each page.

“I don’t like this one part. It gives you permission to change their music.”

Rob nodded.

“Alright well that can be edited out then.”

I nodded and read on. I got to the last page. The others grabbed the packet from my hands. I rolled my eyes. Rob handed Damien a pen. He signed it along with the others. They gave it to Rob. He looked down at me and smiled. 

“I need your signiture to Miss.”

He said.

“Why? It’s just the band not me.”

Rob shook his head.

“You are apart of it too.”

I smiled and signed my name. He smiled.

“Now how bout we go into the studio.”

The guys jumped up. I rolled my eyes.

“Way to be professional.”

I whispered into Damien’s ear. He chuckled.

“You love us for it.”
I nodded. Rob walked in front of us and guided us to a studio room. It had lots of guitars and a mic with a sound system and head phones. The guys ran to them and got started. I started getting bored after they played a song over and over again talking to Rob on how they could make it better. Rob noticed my boredome and walked over to me.

“Their’s another studio right next store you can play around in their if you want.”

I smiled and left and walked into the other studio. I haven’t played in a while. That or sang. I pushed the record button on the sound system and grabbed a guitar. I wrote songs. But mimicking songs already made sounds better. I played a song. The guitar flooding in. I sang Misery Buisnuiss by Paramore. The songs flooding out of my mouth . I jumped around the room and played the guitar. I stopped the recording and put the guitar down and listened to it. I sounded good.

“You never told me you could sing.”

I turned to Damien. I blushed.

“I never told anyone.”

He nodded.

“Sing. Sing again. Sing without the guitar. Just your voice.”

I shook my head.

“Shouldn’t you be in their?”

He shook his head.

“Their just doing an acoustic recording.”

I nodded.

“I don’t sing in front  of people....”

Damien sat next to me on the stool.

“Close your eyes. Pretend your all alone.”

I laughed and shut my eyes. I thought of songs that I could play without a beat or an acoustic. The Climb by Miley Cyrus popped in my head. The words flowed out of my mouth. I heard Damien gasp. I stopped and my eyelids flew open.

“What? I suck don’t I.. ugh...”

Damien shook his head.

“Your amazing.”

I laughed.

“Yeah... What did they give you?”

Damien chuckled.

“You can sing. You should sing in front of Rob. He could sign you to.”

I shook my head.

“It’s not that easy.”

Damien nodded.

“It can be. I have to get back in their. I’ll be right back.”

I laughed and nodded. I waited till he left an grabbed the guitar again. I strummed. Making my own notes and sounds. Words flowed out of my mouth. I was singing a song that I didn’t even know. A song about me. I heard people gasp. I stopped. Damien was smirking and had Rob and the others standing next to him in the doorway of the studio. Rob put his hand on his hip.

“You never told me about your own talents.”

I shook my head and put the guitar down.

“I’m not talented and this is about Black December.”

Rob and the others shook their heads.

“It’s about both.”

Rob and Damien said in unison. They looked at eachother and smiled.

“I’d like to sign you as well Miss Leanne.”

My jaw dropped. When I said Black December would change my life I didn’t say in this way!