That weird samurai -Kazuha x Scaramouche

A/n: Happens before the Inazuma update.

Scaramouche stopped looking at the sky and was back to staring at the ocean. If the stars and sky weren't real he wondered if that applied to anything else. 

He closed his eyes for a second. A pleasant sound that was similar to a flute floated into his ears. His eyes snapped open and he turned his head in the direction where he heard the sound. Yes, he was certain the sound was coming from the cluster of trees from over there.

Scaramouche cautiously made his way towards the trees. He didn't want the potential enemy to hear him and flee. He hid behind a tree and peeked out from behind it. In the center of the circle of trees was someone laying down on a large rock.

The person had their eyes closed and was using what looked like a leaf to play music. Scaramouche noticed what they were wearing and realized that this person must've been from Inazuma. 

The music suddenly stopped and two eyelids fluttered open to reveal ruby red irises beneath. Those eyes stared right back into his. The person on the rock blinked before smiling. "The midday sun has warmed up the rocks quite nicely, perfect for a small nap. Wouldn't you agree?"

Scaramouche stared at the guy on the rock. Scaramouche, the 6th of the 11 harbingers, is infamous for his strength but mostly... "Huh?! What's so great about sleeping on rocks? " He was known for not being able to keep his mouth shut.

Although he had hoped that this guy would give him some information, it turned out that he had just met a dummy that liked sleeping outside. There was nothing to gain so he might as well leave.

The person on the rock was shocked by Scaramouche's blunt words but smiled afterwords. He liked people who were blunt with their words. Right as Scaramouche was about to leave, he heard the same soft voice from before calling out to him.

"Let's meet again someday." Scaramouche frowned and walked away with a huff. What was that guy talking about? Meet again? He didn't even know who he was.

He'd wasted too much time, he had to head to camp to see if any new information had been gathered. He arrived at the camp where several Fatui agents were. He called out to the one nearest to him with a snap of his fingers.

The fatui agent walked over to him with fear evident in his eyes. "Anything new to report?" The fatui agent stuttered what he had recently discovered. Nothing interesting besides the Vision Hunt Decree that was still ongoing in Inazuma.

"Dismissed." The agent was about to leave when he heard Scaramouche suddenly call him again. "Wait." Scaramouche's thoughts wondered to the idiot he saw earlier. He looked like he was from Inazuma and was carrying a sword.

Some type of swordsman, no doubt. "I need you to investigate a swordsman that recently came to Liyue from Inazuma. It shouldn't be too hard, right?" Any protests died in the agent's throat when he heard Scaramouche's mocking tone.

The agent stiffly nodded their head before walking away. Scaramouche frowned at the agent's retreating back. What was he so curious about? He closed his head and remembered those red eyes. 

There was no fear and he could feel a sort of gentleness coming from them. He also remembered how amused that idiot was after he insulted him. There would hardly be anything to gain if he tried to find out more about him.

But he couldn't help but be curious. 

A few days passed and Scaramouche arrived at the same clearing he saw the guy in. 'Kaedehara Kazuha, a wandering samurai that's a part of the once renowned Kaedahara clan.' Was all the sheet of paper said.