CHAPTER 5 _ THEIR FIRST MEETING

ROSE’S POV:

           Guys, today is Friday, and today evening we are going to meet my mom and sis and spend this weekend with them.  So, be ready with your bags and sweethearts pack my bag also.  I’ll return from work as soon as possible. 

        Cathy is yelling at me and Eva as she’s leaving for her work.

           Okay bye.  We both replied to her in an instant.

           Today I’m free in the afternoon as the restaurant is going to close because my boss is going somewhere.

           So, today afternoon I’m going to my favorite place to spend some peaceful time after a long time.  As Cathy and Eva, both have worked.  And I don’t want to go to my apartment as I’m sure both Helen and Zoë will be there.

            After completing my work and informing my boss I leave my restaurant and started to walk to my destination.  As the climate is so good and I love to walk, I didn’t book a cab.  And I didn’t have my lunch also.  Within 20 minutes I reach my destination.  It’s a lake surrounded by trees that blossoms every day in a year.  I love this place so much.  And I’ll forget all my worries and started to enjoy every moment whenever I visit this place.  I don’t know I have had this strong connection to this place for years. I only know this place even Eva and Cathy don’t know.  There is a bench near the lake where I sat for hours and thought about my life.  As same I sit in the right corner of the bench and started to think about my own life irrespective of the surroundings. After some hours I think it's evening, I have to go home and start Cathy’s bag otherwise she’ll bury me under my feet. 

            As I’m going to leave, I heard some noises like someone is yelling at another person.  And curiosity caught the best of me and I move towards the person.

…………………..

DANIEL’S POV:

          I feel fresh and happy today.  Yesterday night I had the best sleep in these eight years.  It’s already 6 in the morning.  I didn’t sleep this late; I used to wake up at 4 in the morning daily.  So it’s surprising me.  After spending an hour in the gym, I got ready for my office.  I have to clear this yesterday drama.  Otherwise, I’ll have a problem.  And again I’m missing that voice and those sweet words she used to wake up Ms. Joseph.

           It’s already 8 in the morning and I’m sure Ms. Joseph will be here anytime soon.  So I have to prepare a perfect lie. 

            At the same time, I heard a knock on my door.   After my permission, Ms. Joseph entered my cabin.   I’m jealous of her. She got my Tesoro to wake her up with sweet words.

Ms. Joseph:  Good morning sir.

Me:  Hmm.  Yesterday night I asked one of my friends to call you from my number and asked him to inform you about the meeting and ask you to complete the presentation only.  He said that he called you but you didn’t attend and someone, I think your friend attended the call and tried to wake you up but you didn’t.  So my friend asked me to hold off the meeting till today afternoon.  So there is a meeting today.  This file contains all the information and you have to complete the presentation before 12.00.  And ask the receptionist to arrange the conference hall for the meeting.  This is the only work you have till evening.  Am I clear Ms. Joseph? 

   I gave the file to her.

Ms. Joseph:  I’m sorry sir.  I remember my friend tried to wake me up but I’m really tired……

Daniel:  I don’t want any explanation.  Just go and complete your presentation.