Chapter 4

Raine's P.O.V.

The mysterious lady slowly walked towards my cage with a smile on her face. She was just barely baring her fangs as if to challenge me. 'Who does she think she is? I should teach this bitch a lesson.' I thought to myself as I quickly let out a low growl. The woman was unfazed by my growls, and continued towards my cage.

She finally stopped right in front of my cage, and stooped down to my level. "Don't worry you mangy mutt. I'm going to make sure that you get beat everyday if you don't act like your supposed to." she whispered to me. I launched forward trying to take a bite out of pale flesh, only to be stopped by the bars. The pain of my muzzle snapping against the cold, steel bars brought me out of my haze of anger. When I looked back towards Jason and Nathon, I saw that they were no longer in the room. It was only this bat-shit crazy vampire lady and the other creatures and I.

The lady opened her mouth to say something but was cut off by the sound of the door creaking open. Standing there was a sullen Jason and a crying Nathan. They walked towards us and handed a bag to the lady, before coming towards me. "I guess this is going to be our last time together." muttered Jason. Nathan stayed silent, and opened the cage door before reaching to wrap something around my neck. Startled by his movements, I reeled back and glanced down to his hand. A black collar and leash.

I whimpered and backed away from him. Were they really going to give me away? After all that we have been through, they were actually going to give me away? I looked to Jason for an answer, but he quickly avoided my eyes. 'I will not let them give me away without a fight!' Quickly, I spun towards Nathan and knocked him to the floor. Using the momentum from his push, I jumped towards the woman's back. Just as I was about to close my jaws around her throat, I was suddenly yanked back by somebody.

I yelped in pain as I was thrown across the room. Standing were I was at only moment ago, was Jason. "I will not let a filthy mutt like you attack a high ranking vampire such as Ms. Skylar!" Hearing those words, I dropped my guard and looked at Jason with hurt in my eyes. How could he say that to me? What happened to our special friendship we were building? Was it all just a hoax? A cruel trick on me? To distracted by my own thoughts, I didn't notice Nathan come from behind me. Only when my vision started to fade, due to a dart in my thigh, did I catch a glimpse of their eyes. Their clear eyes, which were a clear sign of somebody controlling them at the moment. Knowing that they weren't doing all this because they wanted to really helped, and finally I gave up and succumbed to the welcomed darkness.