Chapter 2

~5 years after that~

It had been five years since Violet died, and though it still hurts I kept going on. I still reside in the pound because I was to young to be bought, so the owner made me wait five years. I am now 15 years old and I have finally become eligible to get taken out of this hellhole.
" Nathan, can you go and feed the wolf in the back for me?" I heard a guard question another. Nathan was the newest guard having only joined last week, so far he isn't very good at his job. " What wolf?" He questioned. I smirked knowing exactly what this guard was planning to do so I sat patiently in at the back of my cage. I heard the guards talking but chose to tune it out until the time was right. Before long I heard foot steps approaching my end of the building. I was the only wolf in this whole entire section.
"Hello? Is anybody even back here?" Nathan questioned. I gave no reply instead stood perfectly still. I watched as he scanned the numbers on the cages, and when he found the correct cage number he slowly began to swing open the door. He walked into the center of the cage and gently set the bucket of meat in the center. There were two guards hiding by the exit door smirking. This was their...test of sorts for the newbies.
Nathan looked around the cage, searching for somebody. Searching for me. He heaved a sigh and went to pick up the bucket. "They must have tricked me..."he grumbled quietly. When his hand touched the bucket to pick it up I ran out of the shadows and jumped at him. Flinging the bucket at my approaching form he screamed. "I don't wanna die!"he sobbed out as I launched into the air.

~SNAP~

A loud snap resounded around the quiet hallway as my mouth snapped closed around nothing but air. Suddenly, Nathan began to sob while the other two guards came out of hiding and laughed. They helped Nathan stand up and started to explain what happened. Jason, the one with black hair and green eyes, began. "It was all a test to see if you were capable of handling a wolf. We have to test every newbie to see if they will work hands on with the wolves or not."
Drew, the younger one with brown hair and green eyes, picked up where Jason left off. "Judging by how you reacted, you won't be able to deal with the wolves hands on but you will be able to help with other things. So basically to sum it up, you completed the secret job interview so you get the job!" Nathan stared at them with teary eyes. I wasn't sure if he was going to cry again, but I was hoping he wouldn't because he is being really loud with his crying.
"What if the wolf had attacked me though? Nobody was in here. Oh god, I could have died!"Nathan screeched starting to hyperventilate. Jason patted him on the back before shining his flash light in my direction. "The whole time she has been chained to that pole, so even if she did want to kill you she wouldn't have been able to." Drew explained. Nathan nodded and starred at me before slowly walking towards me. Jason and Drew tensed as they saw him getting to close to me. I bared my teeth in warning, but he continued towards me with his hand stretched out. He was in biting distance, so with a heave I launched towards him. 'So close' I thought. I would have had his hand if Drew hadn't pulled him away at the last second. Disappointed at failing my mission, I lay down in my corner.
Soon after the incident, they all left and yet again I was left in my solitude.