NR♡︎ANESTHESIA

-y/n is Natasha's girlfriend
-On a mission, y/n breaks her arm and has to get surgery. When she wakes up, she is high on meds and keeps saying funny things.

-Implied smut
-Swearing
-Talk of injury

NATASHA'S POV

Yesterday on the mission, y/n hurt herself pretty bad and ended up breaking her arm. When I heard her screaming through the coms, I immediately ran over to the building she was in. She had fallen two stories and landed straight on her left arm which she was clutching in pain. We managed to get her back to the quinjet and even though I was extremely worried, Bruce said she would be okay. He gave her pain meds and she seemed to be fine apart from her arm which was all bent out of shape. Once we got back to the compound, Bruce gave her a full examination and said she would need surgery before they put a cast on.

So here we are, sitting in the hospital wing with y/n in a bed and me sitting next to her. I hold her hand as Bruce inserts an iv into her arm.

"Right y/n, we'll give you some gas which will knock you out and then you'll wake up an hour or so later. Got it?" Bruce says to y/n.

"Yeah alright." She replies.

"It's not going to hurt or anything is it Bruce?" I ask because I'm very concerned about what's going to happen to y/n.

"Not at all. The worst thing that's going to happen is she'll probably be a bit loopy when she wake up."

"I'll be fine babe." y/n says giving my hand a squeeze. I give her a smile as Bruce places the gas mask over her mouth.

"Right deep breaths y/n and count down from ten for me."

After only three seconds y/n is completely out of it and her grip loosens around my hand. I stand up and leave the room as they wheel her into the operating theatre.

~~~

It's been just over an hour and I'm sitting impatiently in the waiting area. Steve, Wanda and Clint have joined me to try calm my nerves but I can't stop thinking about y/n. My leg taps quickly on the floor as the clock ticks loudly through the room. The uneasy atmosphere is broken when Bruce walks out of y/n's hospital room. I stand up quickly and say "Is she okay?"

"Completely fine. I watched the whole surgery and there were no complications." Bruce relies.

"Is she awake?" Wanda asks.

"Yeah, she is."

"Can we see her?" I ask.

"Of course, but I will warn you, she's pretty out of it." Bruce says before turning back into the room. I follow quickly behind him whilst the others remain in the waiting room.

Y/n is lying down on the bed, slightly propped up. Her left arm is bandaged up which Bruce said is because it needs a few days to heal before it's put in a cast.

"Hey baby, how you feeling?" I say approaching my girlfriend lying in the hospital bed. She quickly turns her head towards me and lets out a gasp.

"Oh my god! It's my hot fucking girlfriend!" She slurs out.

I look over to Bruce and he just shrugs his shoulders. "I told you."

Looking back at y/n I see she is looking all around the room. Her eyes widen when they fall upon her arm.

"Ahh! What did you do to me?" She says, sounding like a child.

I can't help but laugh a little at her being so ridiculous.

"You broke your arm honey, remember?" I say softly.

She raises her eyebrows and squints her eyes in a confused expression for a moment before returning them to normal. "Oh yeah." She replies. "That hurt like a fucking bitch!" y/n screams out and Steve, Wanda and Clint run into the room.