thunder crashes like waves (Elli's POV)

I knew that whatever Noah was about to say, it wouldn't be good.
"I think we should break up."
My eyes grew wide with shock. I tugged on the bottom of my shirt.
"Why?" I said.
"If everyone else thinks that we shouldn't be together, then I think it would be for the best. So that everyone leaves us alone. I just think that we should go our separate ways for now."
I grew hot with rage and worry, but kept myself together. I didn't want to scare my wife anymore than she was already.
"Noah...you're not really giving in to their wishes, right?" I said, tears forming in my eyes.

"If it'll get them to leave us alone, then yes." He replied. I felt a lump in my throat.

"Noah...I thought you loved Elli! I thought that you didn't care what they thought!" Sunny said.

"...I do. Elli, I love you with all my heart and you mean the world to me. But I'm getting tired of constantly having to yell and cry to people just for them to leave me alone. I'll just move back into my old house...the one me and Jacob lived in."

"Do you realize how stupid and dangerous that is?" I spat, eyes glowing red. Sunny flinched. I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I've packed already." Noah said. He got up and walked away.

"Noah, please. Don't do this!" I cried. But try as I might, he just wouldn't listen. He marched up the stairs. I could feel the tears in his eyes as he walked to his room. What was he doing?

"Noah, you're ASKING to get hurt! Don't you fucking hear us?" Sunny hollered. He didn't even look back. He entered his room and closed the door. I didn't even notice the tears falling down my cheeks. Sunny pulled me into a hug. I sobbed loudly. I couldn't believe it. This was not like Noah at all. I heard steps coming down the stairs and I didn't even bother looking.
I kept sobbing, worried and confused.

"Noah, have you lost your mind?" Sunny whispered.

"No. I'm protecting you." He responded. He approached the door and left. I sighed sadly.

"I think his ex boyfriend finally got to his head. Best case scenario is that Jacob's not home and he can live safely."

"Yeah."

A ringtone went off. Sunny picked up her phone. It was Lana.

"Hello?"

"Uh, Sunny? Why does Noah have so many bags?"

"It's a long story. He just up and left. He wants to break up with Elli because he thinks it'll stop everyone from harassing him."

"WHAT?"

"Yeah. Elli was crying, she was so devastated. We tried to persuade him to come back, but he just wouldn't listen."

"Aww. That's terrible. I can't believe he would so such a thing! Elli loved Noah. He still does! What Noah did wasn't love at all. Fuckin' moron."

"I think his ex got to his head."
"Seems about right! I'm gonna go have a word with this bitch. I'm bringing friends!"
"Thank you, Lana. I know you don't usually get into issues that have to deal with break-ups and stuff, but..."

"This is different, Sun. Y'all are my friends and I would die for you! Let me handle this."

"Thank you. Bye."

She hung up the phone.

"All we can do now is pray and hope. Would some cuddles make you feel better?"

I nodded.
Why?
Why did he leave?
Was my love not enough to make him stay?
What did I do wrong this time..?