Crystal

“Jalen!!!!!! Nooooooo,” I screamed falling to the ground not being able to control my sobs. I couldn’t get it through my head that she was gone; taken away from me right before my eyes. Who would do such a thing?

I kept reliving the moment; Jalen running up, catching her breath, getting hit by the bus. Why didn’t she make it to the sidewalk? Why was she taken from me?

When I saw her, I was so happy. I was about to tell her everything. I wanted to tell her everything and for her to hug me and tell me it was going to be alright. But no. She was taken from me forever.

Jalen was hit by a bus, and when Jace went to look who the driver was, there was no one there. Someone is messing with us, and trying to kill us. All that was left of her was a puddle of her blood. I couldn’t even control myself enough to go see the crash, so I just laid there on the ground in the fetal position crying while Jace went to see crash.

By the time I was able to stand up, Jace was back. By the look on his face I could tell everything I needed to know. She was gone and it wasn’t pretty.

Jace had been so nice to me. If you think about it we have been through a lot together over the past 2 hours. I don’t know whether it was the drama of the moment or what, but I just ran into his arms and cried.

When I looked into his eyes, I saw something, something I have never seen before. His arms were so strong and warm, I felt like I could just stand with him forever.

“Crystal, out of all the people I could have gone through this with, I’m glad it was with you,” Jace whispered into my hair, still holding tightly on to me.

“Why,” I asked curiously a smile starting to appear on my face.

“Because I’ve always secretly…”

Just then a loud thump came from East hall, and I immediately sprinted towards the sound with Jace trailing behind me.

“Wait. Wait,” he said yelling trying to keep up with my sudden rush of adrenaline.

But as we neared East hall, I could tell something was wrong. I could feel that something bad was going to happen…