Gina

I held onto Caleb’s hand as Kristen muttered unintelligent things under her breath while angrily dusting one of the many weights in the room. Caleb whispered something to me, but I was too busy watching Kristen to notice. I leaned against his shoulder ignoring the glare that Kristen sent us from across the room.

“No, it’s OK,” Kristen threw her duster down on the ground angrily. “I can clean this whole place by myself!” Caleb fought to hold in a laugh earning him a glare from Kristen.

“Kris,” I sighed as she dramatically wiped down a bench before sitting on it, “there’s no need to get all mad. You don’t even have to clean anything.”

“Oh and have Mr. Beans get mad at me!” Kristen glared at me again.

“Who cares if he gets mad at you?” Caleb muttered. “He’s not your teacher.”

“It’s OK, Caleb.” I muttered placing a hand on Caleb’s leg.

“Yeah listen to your chic, Caleb.”

“Kristen back off.” Caleb sent his own glare at Kristen, and I suddenly wished that Kristen was sent with Nigel and Jalen.

Kristen managed to yell something back at Caleb, but I was too busy digging through my purse to actually pay attention to the insults she was shouting. By the time Caleb thought to say something back to Kristen, I was tapping my phone screen irritably.

“Does anyone have signal?” I asked dropping my phone back into my bag.

Caleb checked his phone before shaking his head no, and Kristen… well her phone was missing. “Well, this is great, but how do we expect to meet up with everyone if we can’t contact them?”

“Why don’t we just head back right now?” Caleb suggested before standing up. He held his hand out for me, and I grabbed it grateful for him helping me up.

“You guys just can’t keep your hands off each other, can you?”

“Don’t be mad because you don’t have any boos here.” Caleb shot back.

I sighed suddenly feeling really fed up with their behavior. “Can you guys please relax?”

Caleb wrapped an arm around me before shrugging. I won’t lie. He smelled really yummy right there. I closed my eyes and leaned into him not caring whether or not Kristen gave herself a hernia watching us.

I heard a loud crash, and the sound scared me enough where I practically jumped out of Caleb’s arms. The two of us spun around to see Kristen sprawled out on the ground with her head only inches away from a large metal bar. Her eyes were wide and frantic as she looked at me.

“What just happened?”I cried rushing over to her. I wrapped an arm around her waist to try and lift her up higher.

“I laid down on the bench, and everything just fell apart.” She grabbed my hand tightly. “Isn’t the school supposed to check their equipment?”

“Maybe someone broke it and didn’t fix it…” I suggested staring at the broken bench. I glanced over at Caleb, and he looked just as lost as I did.

“What the mess?”