22. PR Department

- Next day -

"You should wear the blazer outfit, it'll look great. Plus you are the vice President's wife and the CEO's daughter in law so you need to look the part." Trisha says firmly. I chew on my bottom lip, still not sure.

"But what if it looks too much?"

Trisha sighs "Abhimanyu wears a suit to office everyday. Trust me you wouldn't look extra" She assures.

I scrum through my wardrobe again hoping to find someone more fitting. And just then my eyes land on my mud-mauve coloured blazer. I immediately squeal in surprise and happiness, I can't believe I had forgotten about this.

I turn to my laptop and show Trisha- who I am currently video calling -the mauve coloured blazer. She smiles. "It's good. What will you pair it up with?"

"My blue jeans and that black t-shirt. I am so excited! That outfit will be perfect, it'll look just the right amount of formal and laidback. " I announce. Trisha nods distractedly, looking at something else in her lap.

"Trish?"
She hums without looking up. "Trish!" I try again, this time she looks up. "What is it? You've been distracted since the time I called you."

She nods sheepishly. "Sorry."

"Fine. But are you going to tell me what's up?"

She bites her nail. "Actually....I missed my period twice. So, I was thinking maybe.... I don't know...I had a fleeting thought that I could be pregnant that's why I was researching pregnancy symptoms."

"So? What are the results? Do your symptoms match?" I ask, secretly hoping she is pregnant.
I would love to have a little munchkin around.

"Yeah they do...." She nervously confesses.

"Omg! That is freaking great news!" I jump. She widens her eyes and asks me to keep quiet.

"Shhh...I don't want to think anything until I take a pregnancy test." She says. I nod in understanding.

"Yeah okay. So will you be taking it today?"

She nods. "I was just looking at the best and reliable brands. I'll probably buy one while coming back from work or something."

I nod hiding my excitement. If Trisha is pregnant then that is the best news ever.

She sees through my act and laughs. "You are trying to hide how excited you are hain na?"

I giggle. "Can you blame me. Babies are the cutest."

"I know...but giving birth to one is scary." She utters.

"Hey! We have literally been through all of those terrible period cramps, atleast in pregnancy after the pain you get a baby. In period cramps all you get is blood." I make a face. She chuckles.

"You and your motivational talk."

I shrug proudly.

"Accha listen I gotta go, it's time for work. But your outfit is great and I know you'll do awesome today! Slay 'em." She insists.

"I hope you are right. Love you." I say and click off.

By the time I get ready and leave my room, it's already past nine. Dad and Abhimanyu are waiting
in the living room. Mom and Dad returned yesterday, which is a really good thing since in the last few days that they haven't been here, me and Abhimanyu have got to spend a lot of time together. Which is not ideal at all. My mind has been all over the place and I've been reading too much into everything that Abhimanyu does or says which is not a good thing.