29. Silent Treatment

This chapter is dedicated to ShreyaBaid2  for showing so much love on this book🥰
                  _______________

I slowly enter the house and discreetly close the door behind me. The living room lights are switched off and mom and dad's room is shut telling me that they are already asleep.

As I am hopping to my room I accidentally trip all on my own and fall down. "Damn it!" I curse at the impact from the cold tiles.  I try to stand back up but it's very difficult when one of my feet isn't functioning properly.

I hear Abhimanyu curse from somewhere and soon enough he arrives next to me. Well atleast he isn't ignoring me when I am in pain. "Are you okay?" He asks helping me up.

"I think I sprained my ankle." I say as a way of explanation.

"Right now?"

I shake my head. "It happened earlier, when I was returning from the restaurant."
He doesn't reply or ask what restaurant I am talking about and instead only focuses on helping me to sit on the bed. He cradles my feet in his hand and studies it for a moment.

"This might hurt." And with only those three words as warning he twists my ankle in an impossible direction. I groan in pain.

"What did you do!" I yell and withdraw my feet from his grip.

"It'll be fine now." He shrugs and rises up from the ground. I hesitantly put weight on my injured foot and try to walk. Surprisingly Abhimanyu's weird totka worked and I am able to walk as good as new.

I turn around to thank him but he has already left. I scrunch my face in confusion and call out to his retreating back that is currently climbing the stairs. But he doesn't respond and willfully ignores me. "Are you ignoring me?" I ask, getting all defensive but he doesn't turn around or say anything that can suggest that he has heard me. Within seconds he disappears inside his room and I am left behind thinking what is wrong with this jerk.

I am tempted to follow him to his room but a yawn makes its way and I am forced to brush the thoughts away. I am already very tired after such a long day, I'll worry about Abhimanyu tomorrow.

******

"Saanvi beta, there is someone at the door for you." Mom informs me when I am hurriedly eating my breakfast. I shove the last bite of the sandwich into my mouth and chew at an ungodly speed while running outside to see who has come for me.

When I open the door, my eyes widen in surprise.

"Vikrant!" I gasp. He is standing in front of me wearing a white shirt with its sleeves rolled up and navy blue slacks. The smirk he was sporting curves into a full fledged smile as soon as he sees me.

"Hi, pleased to see me?" He teases.

I roll my eyes and step out of the house. "What are you doing here?"

"I came by to drop your car. Thought I'll say hi."

I narrow my eyes at him. "But you said you'll ask a valet person to drop off my car, you didn't have to do it yourself, Mr.Moneybags."

He laughs and shrugs.
"I'd do anything for you, Saanvi." His tone sounds flirtatious and I nervously look around to be sure no one heard that. I can't afford mom or dad to see that their daughter-in-law is having some man flirt with her.