36. First Love, Take two

Playlist: Capital Letters (by Hailee Steinfeld)

I knew whatever Abhimanyu had planned for our first date was going to be extravagant. When he said he wanted to make up for all the lost time and wanted to make this very memorable for me, it kind of gave away that he is thinking big.

But when we reach the luxurious six star hotel parking, I am overwhelmed and not in a good way, thinking of what he has planned.

"Abhi? Please don't tell me you spent all your savings on this." I plead staring at the lobby area which looks nothing short of gorgeous.

He laughs at my silly remark and tightens his hold on my hand. "Chill babe. I assure you we aren't going to be broke after this."

I laugh nervously. I know I should enjoy the moment and I almost convince myself to do so but when a man impeccably dressed in a white shirt which has the logo of the hotel and black trousers arrives to receive us, I am overwhelmed again.

"Mr. Abhimanyu Malhotra?" The man asks. Abhi nods in response.

"Good evening sir and ma'am." He greets stoicly and motions for us to follow him. He guides us to the middle of the lobby where the elevator is and presses the button of it. The elevator hardly takes any time in getting to us. We step inside.

The whole place is the epitome of elegance and luxury and I feel terribly out of place here. When I asked my dear husband what kind of clothes I should put on for this date, he answered "Whatever you are comfortable in." And that's why I dressed myself in clothes that I would probably wear on an ordinary day out with friends rather than a six star hotel. I make a mental note to scold him about this when we reach home.

Saanvi's Outfit

He presses the button of the top most floor which is the fifteenth floor and in a few seconds the elevator dings telling us we've reached the destination

He presses the button of the top most floor which is the fifteenth floor and in a few seconds the elevator dings telling us we've reached the destination. I bite on my lower lip nervously as the elevator doors open. A gush of cold breeze hits me, almost knocking the breath out of me.

"Why are we on the terrace?" I ask Abhimanyu who doesn't reply and just smiles reassuringly. The glint in his eyes and the the element of mystery is making my nerves shot up by each minute. I hope he hasn't planned bungee jumping or some shit, because I am so not interested in that.

We only walk a few steps before a large grey vehicle parked on the big yellow H comes into view. I gasp.

"No fucking way!" I exclaim.

"Yes fucking way." Abhimanyu chuckles.

The man who escorted us here smiles at us. The first sign of emotion he has shown since he recieved us. I almost thought he was a humanoid robot.
"Hope you both have a great time. Good night." He takes a few steps back maintaining some distance from the helicopter.