08

"Seonghwa, do you know how to fish?" Hongjoong asked the elder.

"Ehrm... I think so. I used to fish outside with my aunts and uncles... so many chaos. Do not remind me anymore."

Hongjoong couldn't help snickering by that response and started to prepare their fishing rods that Yeosang and San built for them. As they were silently working, Hongjoong took a glance at his former best friend, his eyes softening just by seeing him work so hard.

Seonghwa took notice of this and raised a brow. "Is there something wrong, Hongjoong?"

Hongjoong wanted to answer, yes. Everything here is everything wrong, but Seonghwa didn't pertain to that, he was pertaining to Hongjoong's gaze.

Hongjoong responded. "...Nothing, it's just weird seeing you again after three years."

Seonghwa seemed to agree and merely nodded. After that, the two stopped talking temporarily by silently fishing next to each other.

Gazing at the lake in front of them, the duo silently doubted that they would find anything since the environment's as good as dead. Whether they could find fish or anything, it was near impossible to hope for resources. But the breakfast Seonghwa found gave the group a little hope that, there must be something in this empty world, even if it is a little bit fucked up. Working a whole day surely made some progress for the group who had no idea how survival works or what to do, but still, they progressed fruitfully.

Baskets aligned far away from the shore and into the lake, in hopes that they could find fish or any sort of food that could fill eight stomachs. From all the books and media they consumed, they combined all their knowledge and copied suite.

In all honesty, the gang still weren't comfortable with each other's presence yet. Understandable, since they all left each other a bad farewell, and to make matters worse than it already is, they were forced in this world together even with a little bit of warning or consent. None of their feelings mattered right now, they had to make the most of it since they'd be stuck together for another month or so to go back "home".

Hongjoong unconsciously glanced again at the elder, he didn't know what to say yet he wanted to say something. Attempting to strike up a conversation amidst this silent treatment, he asked:

"So... Seonghwa, how'd that job offer go?"

Seonghwa's brows raised as he heard this unwarranted question. Before the group split up, Seonghwa and Hongjoong fought a day after the incident took place. The duo argued back to back, diving onto the problem which was because of Seonghwa, who was offered an incredible job offer. Despite landing on such a big life changer, Hongjoong should have been proud of his best friend for getting a job promotion, yet the problem wasn't because of that alone. The job offer was foreign and Seonghwa had to move out of Korea to pursue it. It was a dilemma that they had to overcome. But when Seonghwa directly told Hongjoong that he regretted befriending the boys, Hongjoong was furious and initiated the arguement first, resulting with Seonghwa grabbing his belongings and moving out permanently. Hongjoong first bringing it up made things rather awkward for the both of them.

"I finally made my parents proud because of the job offer. I finally have my own home and was able to buy stuff with my own money, I was set for life..."

"Ah... so you were happy then? I'm glad." Hongjoong softly pronounced.

Hongjoong was happy for Seonghwa deep inside, but the fact that he was the third person to leave was out of the picture and was irrelevant. His friend was happy, that was enough for Hongjoong. But then, Seonghwa contradicted:

"I wasn't."

Hongjoong's shoulders tensed by that response. "What do you mean?"

"I had everything that I needed to achieve, but I wasn't fulfilled at all." Seonghwa sadly chuckled. "Made me wish that I was back at that warehouse, that was the happiest I have been. It was crazy."