15 - Yunho

Jeong Yunho has given a simple breakfast for Wooyoung as a gift. What had happened the day before, he still could not process fully...

Day by day they have discovered what this New World contains, and with every passable knowledge, he couldn't help feeling sick every time. He couldn't choose if he wanted to go home or not, fearing that his brother, his family, everything was an illusion.

What if they were born just to save Strictland? And not born just to live? To think his existence was for a simple hero's deed, he didn't choose to live out the lives that he lived. His thoughts were messy, maybe that was why he volunteered to replace Mars on watch-out duty.

But of course, someone else followed him, probably out of worry too. It was Song Mingi.

Back at home, those two formed a friendship before the gang even took place. Of course, Mingi had Wooyoung forever, but Mingi wasn't alone everyday, the duo were only acquaintences.

They use the same train station to get to their respective schools, and during those times, they would pass the time by playing with each other with Cham Cham Cham or Yugio or simply holding conversations about whatever. Sometimes, they would even share the same earbuds on the way, they enjoyed each others company, but outside the train, they were strangers.

But when the gang had started to form, they willingly hung out with each other outside the train, from there, they began to deepen their bond. Those train rides were one of the most happiest things they could look forward to, even go so far as to lean in each other's shoulders. To say the least, they were comfortable.

But when Yunho found the same train by the entrance of the mountain, broken and worn down, he felt a wave of remorse. He glanced at Mingi's direction, but Mingi looked back too. So the two walked in without saying a word to each other.

"I know how much you hide a lot of stuff, if you'll continue doing that, at least tell me which parts hurt so Kyung-Hu can take care of you..." Mingi said from beside him.

Mingi was referring to Yunho's injury.

He simply smiled to the other. "I'm fine."

Mingi only stared at him and said. "...Why do you keep lying to me."

It wasn't posed as a question.

However, hearing those words made Yunho freeze and stop thinking. Yunho had a habit of repeating the words, "I'm fine". Whether it was true or not, they never knew, and it wasn't of relevance. Guess the habit stuck till' now, so did Mingi's stubborness.

Yunho had a big bruise on his face as well as his neck. From one glance at the man, you can automatically conclude that he was not, in fact, fine at all. Although the words were of habit, Yunho couldn't figure out why he loved lying...

Mingi leaned forward, "I'll get you some ice, please, just tell me if you're hurt. I can't stand seeing you like this,"

The metal trapdoor leading to the watch-tower banged in a flash, and a red head appeared from it.

"Yunho? Are you here?" Jongho asked out, when he spotted the black-haired, his gummy smile formed. "There you are!"

Yunho sat up from his chair. "What is it?"

Jongho hastily struggled to climb the trapdoor, without avail, he failed to enter. His grunts made Mingi and Yunho laugh, yet none of them offered to help and instead watched as Jongho tried to enter, even banging the metal trapdoor in the process.

"HELLO??? HELP ME, I GUESS??"

"Alright! Alright! Sorry, here." Mingi approached the trapdoor and opened it, when the red head successfully entered, Yunho figured out why he couldn't enter. He was holding an object in both of his hands, a cold compress and a hot cup of chocolate.