Do I Deserve the Same Mercy?

[WOOYOUNG]

Coffee in hand, Wooyoung's hands nervously shook as he travelled through the straight pavements of the city. The concrete floor was grey. The buildings were grey. His own uniform was grey. Everything was either grey, black or white. As if the people in charge of building the city couldn't afford any colour to fill anything other than these three.

Wooyoung believed that this type of colour wouldn't matter at all if it were plastered in every corner his eyes lay upon.

Who knew colour could do much to the eye?

He often longed to see the colour blue, pink or yellow. HE MISSED COLOURS. He missed vibrancy. He missed wild colours that don't make sense. He missed chaos. Everywhere he looked, it was either the same thing, the same faces, or those capital places. Who knew he would eventually grow tired of seeing copies everyday? Even his hometown wasn't this boring, and he lived with the same image everyday. There was no personality or expression. Who knew that boredom could kill a person.

Hiding within the city for a few days now, it either felt too dull or frightening to death. Being restricted to do anything felt like he was wrapped in chains, and if you did the wrong thing or offended them accidentally, the guards would pull on it hard. He wasn't allowed to hug his friends, kiss Yeosang, pull Hongjoong's hair or blow raspberries at Seonghwa unless they were hidden. Swinging his legs from boredom was restricted too. He often felt like breathing could get him executed. He couldn't do anything.

The figures of the Clerics didn't help at all. The only people who could hold a gun without getting condemned for it were the government officials, for what could a mere citizen need it for? The way they walked, their boots hit the pavement could be familiar to any individual who can hear it from a mile away. The bands on their arms to brag to the world of who they are. Of course, when you're scared, it would show on your face. But he wouldn't be so scared if he could protect himself to be safe from harm right? Oh, you could get you executed for harming an official despite the reason being self-defence...of course.

Every time he could sense a Cleric walk by, Wooyoung couldn't help shivering from fear. These officials have a warranty to shoot anyone on the head in public if they disobeyed the bill, and no one would start a revolution to honour that victim anymore in fear that they might be next.

"..." Wooyoung felt an impact against him. And when he looked up, a female Cleric had been covered in coffee stains. Wooyoung looked back down, it was from his coffee cup. The look on the Cleric's face was blank, she didn't look offended. But having nothing on your face was even scarier. You wouldn't know what they were feeling.

Wooyoung couldn't help panicking for accidentally offending an official, of course. Yet instead of condemning him for execution, the officer instead brushed her coat clean and faced Wooyoung in the eye.

"This is nothing, it's just an accident. I can get another coat." Her soulless gaze met Wooyoung's soft brown eyes.

Yet Wooyoung couldn't be too sure and hid his shaking hand. There was no way he could have calmed down after this offence. "I apologise for this..."

"I said there's no need to apologise. Work gets hectic these days ever since those eight rebels have been threatening the safety of our citizens. Naturally, we lot have become busier than ever, so a simple coffee stain won't bother me the slightest, and besides, you didn't do it on purpose." Wooyoung gulped as the Cleric patted Wooyoung on the shoulder. "Oh, and may Left Eye protect thee."

Threatening the safety of our citizens...?

"...May Left Eye protect thee. Thank you officer." Wooyoung fought the urge to scratch his head. Mannerisms would raise suspicion, told by the siblings and 81. Even clenching his fists would certainly be odd considering, if you felt nothing, why would you do these gestures?