Funerals Don't Erase Legacies 2

[MINGI]

Jongho shakes his head. "I really can't believe that after all that, you still feel comfortable with me. Like are you serious?"

Mingi's eyebrows furrows but a smile creeps onto his face. He held in his laughter as he fought the urge to punch Jongho affectionately. But what was this boy blabbering about? This was an old conversation, and Mingi thought they'd already moved on from that. Yet, Mingi couldn't help giving Jongho the benefit of the doubt. No, he really hasn't apologised sincerely throughout all the years, or the recent fight they had in that mission to find Left Eye. Jongho never apologised for everything that he'd started. Yet, when has Mingi apologised too? When has Mingi willingly put Jongho aside and uttered a "sorry" to his face? When has Seonghwa apologised to Hongjoong for leaving him? When has Hongjoong apologised to Seonghwa for insulting his dream? When has Yeosang apologised to the entire group for moving willingly after his father bought the warehouse? When has San apologised for ghosting the group before his departure? When has Yunho apologised to Hongjoong for ignoring him the first time they've met because he reminded him of his brother? When has anyone verbally expressed an apology because they've made a mistake? Yet, they're still as close. No one didn't even need to because everyone already knew they felt guilty for their mistake, and had already atoned for it.

"Jongho....I don't hold grudges." Mingi gazed at his almond eyes. "I don't need an apology either. You already changed after the first fight we had. I know you felt sorry and guilty, that was honestly already enough for me. And don't act like I'm all innocent either, remember when I was ready to throw the boys under the bus because I wasn't in the right place at that time? Shouldn't I apologise too?"

"Yeah I know but still...I'm sorry," Jongho looked up at his eyes and gazed back.

"...Well then I'm sorry too, for everything back then." Mingi gave him a soft smile and patted his arm. "Happy?"

Jongho giggled, his shoulders slumped comfortably as if all his burdens were washed away for the first time. "Sort of."

Mingi chuckled, he thought that Jongho had been keeping this worry for quite some time now. He was just glad his dear friend didn't feel so heavy anymore.

From the corner of their eyes, Yunho had already finished by the time their exchange ended. Mingi thought he heard wrong, but shrugged it off when he thought he said. "My dearest brother." Hm...Yunho also felt the need to pay respects towards his deceased brother too...Mingi sighed, it's been three years since that boy died, yet his presence still lingers on Yunho's face. It was incredible. His brother was the first man who taught Yunho how to love music, and until now, Yunho's still as geeky for it as before. No matter how much time tries to erases his existence, he will never leave for he has already made a mark on Yunho's heart forever.

Dead people don't truly die unless someone forgets them.

Mingi laid his eyes on the Graveyard. "Wish I could bury all these people properly."