Chapter 12: jailbird

**Sydnee's POV**

As we walked into the waiting area, Dallas was sitting in a chair with his feet propped up like he owned the place.
"You guys made it man!" Dally exclaimed.
He smirked and took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket.
"What do they do for kicks around here anyways, this place is out of it." He said striking a match on the wall and lighting his cigarette.
"What'd you get yourself into this time Dal," Darry grumbled, "and how much is it gonna cost me?" He crossed his arms.
"I swiped a couple things from a store and the guy caught me," he took a long draw off his cigarette, "nothing I ain't done before." Dally snickered.
"Gee dally as many times as you've been thrown in the cooler for stealing I thought you'd know by now." Griped Steve.
One of the sheriffs told us that Dally's bail was set at 40$.
"Okay I got 25$." Darry pulled some bills out of his wallet.
"I got 5$." Johnny handed Darry a couple bills and some loose change.
"Here, I got 10$." Said Two-Bit.
We managed to bail Dally out, once again. After we got him out we started to head back to the Curtis house.
"Hey thanks for bailing me out guys. That place is a total buzzkill man." Dally laughed.
"Yeah sure," Darry rolled his eyes, "just try to stay out of trouble for a little while okay kid?"

Johnny and I both laughed at what Darry said. Dally doesn't find trouble, trouble finds him. Dally smirked and threw me and Johnny a wink.
Dally had never been my favorite greaser.
He was manipulative, arrogant, a real jerk when he wanted to be, a smartellic, and he had a lot of other not so great qualities.
But he also had some good qualities.
He was tall and handsome, not like Prince Charming handsome like the bad boy that you see on a silver screen handsome.
He was smart when he wanted to be, he was tough and good in a fight, he could be mean as a snake one minute and the nicest most caring person you'd ever met the next. Sometimes I hate his stupid guts, but over the past few months, I've grown to admire Dallas Winston.
He was, as Johnny Cade would describe him, gallant.
Little did I or the rest of the gang know that stealing a couple things from a store would be the least of Dally's worries.