Chapter 22: help

As the house came closer my legs grew weaker and weaker but I knew I couldn't stop. I finally reached the front porch, heaving and gasping for air. My lungs felt like they were going to explode at any minute. I flung the door open and quickly shut and locked it behind me.
"Where you been kid, I've been-" Darry lifted his gaze from the newspaper and his eyes grew wide. He quickly went into worried overprotective brother mode. "What the hell happened, who did this to you?" He untied my wrist and touched my bruised jaw causing me to wince in pain.
"It was bob." I said calmly, hoping and praying he wouldn't lose it.
"What?!" He yelled, His overprotectiveness quickly turning to anger.
This alerted the attention of Soda, I'm guessing he must have gotten off work early, who came running downstairs to see what all the commotion was about.
"What's going on?" He questioned.
"Bob Sheldon, that's what happened," Darry growled through clenched teeth,"he did this to her." He pointed to my jaw and then my wrists.
"Oh Syd, are you okay?" Soda wrapped me up in a hug and Darry followed. They held me tightly, whispering words of reassurance telling me things would be okay.
"It's gonna be alright little buddy," Darry pulled me into his chest and held me tight, "I promise." His voice cracked. I could tell he was getting choked up, heck he held up longer than Soda who was already balling. They hated seeing these things happen to me, but I had a gut feeling that it wasn't over, this was only the beginning. I began to cry too, not just because of this but also because of Dally. I miss him like crazy and so does the rest of the gang. Nothing is the same without him around. We just got him back and now, because of me, he's gone again. Tears poured down my cheeks and I could tell I was soaking Darry's chest, but he doesn't seem to care and frankly, neither did I.
Later that evening, Johnny, Pony, and Two-Bit came back from the drive in. Steve was also with them I guess he joined them after work. They were laughing and joking around but as soon as they laid their eyes on me, they fell silent. "Sydnee?" Johnny knelt beside me, gently touching my face and staring at the dark purplish red bruise.
"What happened kid?" Two-Bit sat beside me on the couch, putting a hand on my shoulder, Steve sat on my other side.
My lip wobbled and I shook my head as more tears streamed down my cheeks. Johnny quickly wrapped me in his arms and held me close.
"What happened Darry?" Pony gulped.
"Bob Sheldon. I guess he grabbed her when she was on the way to the daily double and she managed to get away from him. Thank goodness." He ran his hands through his hair and paced the floor.
"Okay everyone sit down, we have things to talk about." Darry's voice was cool and collected but I knew that was the calm before the storm.
Everyone found a seat and settled down, waiting patiently for Darry to speak.
"Look," he finally broke the silence."they've taken it too far this time. First Johnny, now Sydnee? Those socs are gonna pay for what they did, nobody messes with my family and gets away with it."
The rest of the boys hollered in agreement, ready to take on whatever was thrown at them. This wasn't your every day socs vs. greasers. This was war.

I'm back!
I really hope you guys like this chapter, I'm sorry it's so short. Tell me what you think in the comments!
It feels good to be back, I missed y'all.

-stay gold🌅