Chapter 15: come find me

Everyone rushed in to see what had happened.
"What's wrong Syd?" Exclaimed Darry.
I was still speechless so I just handed him the little piece of paper. He read it to all the guys and their jaws dropped.
"What does he mean?" Questioned Johnny.
I finally was able to speak.
"I have no clue, but at least we know he's still alive."
Later that day everyone was still puzzled and confused about the letter I had found in the fridge.
I went upstairs to take some of Pony and Sodas and Johnny's clothes to their rooms, when I got to Pony's room I saw Johnny's blue jean jacket hanging on the closet door and there was a Polaroid sticking out of the pocket.
As soon as I looked at the picture I knew it looked familiar.
It was a picture of all of the gang when we went to Windrixsville. We were standing in front of the train. I automatically knew that Dally had done this.
"Darry look!" I ran downstairs, "I found another note from Dally."
Everyone gasped in shock.
"This is the train in Windrixsville!" He said with wide eyes.
"It's like he's leaving us little clues about where he is," I cocked an eyebrow just like Two-Bit taught me, "come find me."
I decided to go to Windrixsville with Johnny and Ponyboy to try and find Dally.
Darry gave us some money and told us to be careful beings as we have no idea what kind if trouble Dally has gotten himself into.
We gave everyone hugs and said our goodbyes.
"You be good kid," Darry gave me a kiss on the forehead.
"Find ol' Dally for us." He gave me a comforting little smile and winked.
"I will."

"So where are we going?" Asked Pony.
"We're gonna catch the train to Windrixsville and see if dally left us anymore clues to where he went."
Me Ponyboy and Johnny got on the train and waited to get there.
I laid my head on Johnnys shoulder.
I knew he was hurting, his hero was missing and he wasn't sure if he would see him again.
I lifted his chin and looked into his deep brown eyes.
"We'll find him I promise." And I gently placed my lips on his.
He smiled back at me.
"You always know how to make me feel better."
And I drifted off to sleep in his arms with the orange glow of the sunset washing over me.

"Syd look!" I awoke to my brother viciously shaking me trying to wake me up.
"We found something." Ponyboy exclaimed.
It was a note and it had Dally's chicken scrawl on it.
"It'd be nice if y'all would stop taking your damn sweet time."
-Winston

I rolled my eyes. Typical Dally making a joke out of a serious situation.
"Well." Pony said.
"Well what." I answered.
"Where do we go now?" He scratched his head.
"I don't know he didn't say." I looked at the note more closely to make sure I didn't miss anything. Then I noticed an address on the back.
"3295 Sycamore Street Windrixsville, Oklahoma 73554. That's where we are going."
I smirked, Dallas Winston was quite the character I couldn't wait to hear his story this time.