Chapter.32: The Real Deal

POV-Janelle-

Gerard smiled kindly. Seeing his face brought more worry, anger, and sadness to me. I had nothing to say to him, but I guess he had a lot to say to me. He sat on the edge of my bed facing me. I sat up, trying hard not to show much emotion, except utter bordom.

Yet, somehow I don't think I was working.

"So, are you glad to be home?" I asked.

For a long moment he was silent, and it worried.

"Mikey told me everything about you. It's kinda hard to believe you killed Lin-z. Then he told me what all happened at BL/ind, so I thought I would let you get to know the real me." he said.

He was looking at the ground, an un-readable expresstion covored his features.

"How's Bandit coping with all this? I know it can't be easy for her to find out that her father was really missing for almost a year. Especially now because its her birthday. Just be glad she's only turning 15 this year." I said, filling the silence.

I tried to smile, but I failed. I didn't like having a painted on smile but it was the only thing I could do to keep from crying.

POV-Bandit-

When the shock of Mikey's story wore off I went to my room. I felt numb inside, and I couldn't help but cry.

My father has missed almost a full year of his life.

What's worse is that he spent that year in a creepy old prison.

I swore a vow right then and there to make Demetria pay.

Jessica and Frank had something going on, within the 5 seconds they walked into the door I could tell they liked each other.

That's something I'll have to tell Janelle later.

That's when all thoughts of my future step mom being Janelle left my mind.

There was now no guarantee that my dad likes Janelle, because since my mom's funeral it's been Zekeal in a costume this whole time. Zekeal was the one who dated Lisa; Zekeal was the one who showed all those signs of have a crush on Janelle, but I knew that wasn't true, Zekeal had a wife and a daughter. My guess was that he did it to show that 'dad' was going to be fine even though mom was gone.

There was a knock at my door, I walked over at opened it furiously. To my surprise Mikey was standing there, he smiled and I hugged him tightly.

For just a moment I wanted a shoulder to cry on.

Mikey hugged me back, whispering things like 'its going to be okay,' it's over for now,' and ' your dad's fine, your fine, everybody's fine' but I wasn't listening to him.

I wasn't only listening to the sound of my breathing.

Until we heard a scream.

Jessica's scream.