Chapter 8

Wilbur's Pov

  I look at Schlatt, utterly distraught. "I- are you serious-?" He nodded his head at me, looking quite nervous. "Bloody hell- I am even more sorry than I was. I- I mean I'm glad I saved you, but.." Schlatt then grabbed my wrist, "It's fine. Quit rambling, we should go before someone's here." I nod slowly and he pulls me around through the forest. I try to walk on my own, but he won't let me go. Every time  I try to get away, he only tightens his grip on me. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't trust me or he just prefers this. 

"Do you have any idea where we could possibly stay?" I watch the trees go by as we walk. Nature has always been beautiful to me. "I might, I'm not sure though," he responds, keeping his straight face one. "We could try and ask Niki if we could go to her secret underground area. She never tells anyone," I think out loud. I've always been fond of Niki, she's like a sister to me. Schlatt shrugs, "I don't think that'd be too bad. She doesn't seem to like me, though." I think about that for a moment. Niki was quite upset when me and Tommy were kicked out of the country. She did something like him when me and Schlatt were friends in the past. I'm not quite sure what we are right now. 

"So what did you have in mind?" I cock my head to the side slightly. "I didn't actually have anything in mind, I was joking. I have no clue where we're going-" I look at him. "You fucking idiot, we're going to Niki's bunker thing." I turn in a different direction, starting to walk that way. Schlatt scoffs and stands in his spot for a moment. I turn my head to look at him, "You need me to hold your hand, princess?"  He only glares back at me and looks away again. I giggle at his reaction and walk over to him, "C'mon Schlaatttt, you know I didn't mean to be rude." I put my chin on his shoulder, looking at him. I swore his face went pink, but I couldn't tell when he turned his head away. "Don't give me the silent treatmenttt. I hate it with a passion and you know that," I fakely quiver my lip. He only crosses his arm and I stand up straight off of his shoulder. Two can play this game, princess.. I take a step back. He looks at his shoulder, then crosses his arms and looks away again. I swiftly spin around to his front side and tilt his head up to look at me, me giving a seductive smile at him. Only to mess with him. His eyes widened at me, his face pink. I could clearly tell this time. His arms drop to his side, him just staring at me. "I see I've finally got your attention," I say quietly, "Could we please move along now?" Schlatt recollected his thoughts and finally nodded his head, me letting go of him with my expression changing. "Great!" I smile brightly and start walking in the direction of Niki's bunker.. thing. He stands there for a moment but follows behind anyway. I'm not exactly sure if we're going in the right way, but it's probably somewhere around here. I feel like I remember this place. I hope I do..

Sorry for this short chapter, I was going to continue writing but I decided not to. This was a draft from quite a bit ago.. so sorry. Trying to catch up with school and I had strep. Thank you all for 5k reads :)

Wordcount: 577
Date: 9/10/21 or 10/9/21