𝐼𝑡'𝑠 𝑂𝑘𝑎𝑦, 𝐼'𝑚 𝐻𝑒𝑟𝑒

(Not proofread)

I'm glad they actually trusted me to drive Ray back home after he passed out at the ceremony. I don't know why they thought it'd be a good idea to make him speak anyway. He has a hard time speaking for presentations in school, how would this be any better?

I'm making him a tea to help him calm down. He hasn't quite woken up yet, but he's getting there. I set the tea down on his nightstand, and just then, he opens his eyes.

"Norman?" He calls out, rubbing his pretty eyes. "What happened?"

"I'm asking questions first." I chuckle. "Are you okay?"

"I guess. Now answer my question."

"You passed out while at the viewing for your dad. Well- specifically when they were making you speak."

"Oh. That's embarrassing."

"That's not embarrassing. All that happened was that insensitive people wanted you to speak over a death that you're nowhere near being over. You shouldn't be embarrassed because it isn't your fault."

"Okay, but I'm still embarrassed."

"That didn't help you one bit, did it?" I chuckle.

"Nope," he responds between basically silent laughs.

It feels good to see him laughing. But now I know I'll have to push the confession back until he's at least semi-okay. He's going through a lot right now and it would be so selfish if I pushed his problems to the side because of a silly crush.

"Hey Norman?"

"Yes, Ray?"

"Is this tea for me?"

"Yes, it is," I smile.

"Good, because I already drank it."

He's adorable.

"Can I hug you, Ray?"

"Where did that come from-?" Ray's cheeks flushed.

Wait- is he blushing? Because I asked him for a hug? Could this possibly mean that he- likes me too? No way- why am I thinking like this when I told myself I had to wait. Calm down, Norman, he needs time.

"Did you change my clothes-?" Ray looked down at his own bare chest then up at me.

"I just took the suit off of you, it looked incredibly uncomfortable to sleep in. I'm sorry if that's weird- I just wanted to make sure that you slept comfortably."

"As long as my underwear were on the whole time, I don't think it's weird. If not, then I'd call you a creep."

"O-Of course your underwear were on the whole time- I'm not a c-creep!"

"Don't get all blushy and weird. That makes you seem like you did take off my underwear, you pervy creep." He cringes.

"Hey, I didn't take off your underwear, don't call me a creep!"

"Shhh, what was that?"

"What?"

There was silence for a few seconds.

"The sweet sound of you shutting the fuck up," Ray laughs.

"Heyyy-!"

I'll just act like that didn't hurt

"You're so rude," I chuckle.

"No, I'm not, you're just sensitive."

"You sound like your mom."

.

..

...

"....What did you say?"

"Are you okay?"

".....What did you say, Norman..?"

"I said-" gulp "Y-You sound like your mo-"

"Get the hell out, Norman."

"Wha-"

"GET OUT!"

Flinch

"I-I'm sorry-"

"I don't care, leave."

......

"No, Ray. I will not leave. Enough trust was put into me to take care of you. I will not pass this up."

"...."

"Ray, I realize how my words reached you and I am so sorry. I didn't mean it in that way, you are nothing like your mother. I just meant that you're a bit harsh like she is."

"....."

"Please, Ray, I'm sorry."

"It's okay.." He tears up. "I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry, Ray? There's no need to apologize to me."

"No, I do have to apologize. I took out anger on you. Nobody deserves that no matter what they say. Especially you..."

Huh?

"You're always here for me, Norman. Through thick and thin. Whenever I have any type of problem, you're so quick to drop whatever you're doing to come to my rescue. You're the best comfort person and yet you never ask for it back. As of now, it's like I expect you to do certain things, but I never give it back to you."

"You don't have to-"

"Shut up and fucking take it because I will never say this again!"

Gulp

"I love you, Norman, I always have.."