I Was Being Serious-

It was currently 4am and Ray sat in a booth across from Norman at a diner that was open for some reason. They both had a small bowl of ice cream in front of them that was untouched and starting to melt due to the ongoing heater in the diner.

"So," Norman cleared his throat after speaking up. "Is there anything you'd like to talk about?"

"I thought you'd have something to talk about. I've already told you everything interesting about myself. Plus, there must be something you want to tell me about your life from while I was gone. All I know is that you're married to Emma."

"Wanna play 21 questions?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"That's a game people play when they've just met and are trying to lowkey hookup."

"Oookay—"

"Sorry."

"It's okay. I get it."

"Are you still a virgin?"

"What kind of question is that-?!"

"I don't know, I'm curious."

"You're so weird, Ray." Norman chuckled.

"I wasn't joking, I'm curious. You seem like a virgin, but you and Emma have been together for a while- I'm assuming."

"I am not a virgin." Norman said, sounding proper all of a sudden.

"Good for you, buddy."

"Buddy-?"

"Yes."

"Uhh, okay." The albino paused. "Are you?"

Ray looked at Norman with a slight smirk, which made him blush nervously.

"Yeah," Ray said with a chuckle. "I guess it's my turn now."

He said 21 questions was a game for people who just met and lowkey want to hookup. Yet- he started a game of 21 questions
Norman thought to himself.

"It sure is"

"When did you and Emma get together?"

Norman smiled at the thought. "On her eighteenth birthday, I asked her to be my girlfriend and we've been inseparable since."

Ray sighed under his breath, looking down at his basically melted ice cream as he moved it around with his spoon. "I'm happy for you guys." He said lowly, a pained expression hidden by the hair on his face.

"Thank you!" He smiled.

Then, silence.

"Your turn," mumbled Ray.

"Right-"

As Norman thought of a question, Ray wondered to himself why he even asked the question he did. He knew he'd be jealous even thinking about Emma.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Purple, yours?" Ray retorted rather quickly.

"Uhm, blue," Norman smiled, looking at Ray with confusion in his eyes.

He tapped his finger on the table as loud as he could, making Ray look up.

"Are you okay, Ray?"

"Yeah." He answered, still making no effort to actually look at Norman even though the boy was in his field of vision.

"You can still tell me anything, I really don't mind."

Ray sighed. "We're you being serious when you said that thing earlier?"

"What thing?"

"'This could've been us.'" Ray said with finger quotes.

"I was being serious- clearly we loved each other. And, I don't know if you felt the same, but I had loved you since we were small. I didn't know it at the time, but once I realized that I did like you, I realized I had always felt that way about you."

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I left you for so long and I feel that I didn't have the right to show up on your wedding day without a heads up."

"We've been over this, Ray, I'm happy that you showed up."

"But I still have feelings for you and I act stupid every time you say something about Emma."

"Is that why you won't look at me? Because you're jealous of Emma?" He chuckled.

Ray's cheeks flushed red, his hair barely covering the warm tint. "Obviously." He mumbled.

"You're just as adorable as I remember." Norman's smile widened. "I seriously can't believe that I'm seeing you again."

"I can't believe it either. I thought I'd never be able to come back."

"Have you talked to your mom?"

"No, and I don't plan on doing so either."

Norman sighed. He adored that Rays attitude and overall personality was very similar to when they were younger. And since the boy didn't exactly change, it was very easy for them to get along just like old times.

Which even included just a little bit of flirting.

Oh, who am I kidding?

Those two flirted way more than they realized.

Okay, this is a note from the author. I have a question that I need answered before I can write the next part.
Are y'all fine with there being a bit of a lemon in the next part? I get that some people don't like when tpn characters are used in that predicament even if they're aged up which is why I'm asking in the first place. If y'all don't want me to do that, ill just come up with a different idea for the next part.