Ray.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Everyone was right. He was all Norman could think about. He couldn't focus the same, but he tried. He tried very hard.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Norman was trying. He was trying as hard as he could. He wept and wept through the nights he couldn't stop thinking about him. He was losing sleep and sanity.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

The sleepless nights were getting to him and making his attention span shorter. He couldn't sleep anywhere, but class. That wasn't good.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

It was finals week and soon he had his final assessment testing. His 4.5 grade point average was close to dropping.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Norman wasn't even thinking about college anymore. How could he? He wasn't even thinking about school in general. He had Ray to thank for that.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

No he didn't. He had himself to thank for that. He couldn't stop thinking about Ray. It wasn't Ray's fault. It was never Ray's fault.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Maybe he should've actually tried to stop thinking about him. He never tried hard enough. He felt bad for himself for losing his love.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Maybe I should stop victimizing myself. I'm pretty sure it is getting annoying for people to have to watch everything they say. I feel bad for going off on Emma.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Maybe I should go apologize to her. She still walked me all the way home after I was rude to her that day.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Would she even want to hear my apologies though? She seemed so hurt and upset. I really do feel bad.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Even if she doesn't accept my apology, it would be better if I did apologize. She was being so nice even when I tried to shut her down.

Ray
Ray
Ray
Ray

Maybe I should text her. Or maybe she'd want some time. No, I don't care anymore. I'm at least going to text her.

Ray
Ray
Ray

I need to stop overthinking it. I don't know how she feels right now and I have no right to assume. And I know if our roles were switched, she'd apologize as soon as possible.

Ray
Ray

I have to be kind, like Emma.

Ray

So, I'll message her.

Emma

Hey, Emma. I just wanted to say that I am so sorry for going off on you. You are great and you did not deserve that whatsoever. I realize that I was being a douche and I sincerely apologize. :Norman

Emma: No need to worry! I really don't mind! I understand that I came off a little strong too. And I would never blame you for something like that! You're still grieving and I should respect that!
Emma: I hope we can still be good friends!

Of course we can! :Norman

—————

Norman hung out with Emma and her group very often. Although he was usually hanging out one on one with Emma. They had a few similar classes, which they would talk right through. They got along so well. Amazingly well, as anyone else would describe it.

They graduated and hung out even more now that school wasn't in the way. And since their friends were still at school, their time together was almost never interrupted.

And on Emma's eighteenth birthday, while watching the sunset with Norman, he asked her to be his girlfriend.

She said yes. And they were both very happy together.