Chapter - 4

'He was always the-'   I picked up the call immediately.

Sorry Em, that was the stupid ringtone she set.

Can you let me live inner voice!

It was Xavier’s call.
"Hey Jo, I’ll be there in 15, you are ready right?!” He asked in an excited yet low voice.

Oh no, I am not, I forgot about the lunch  when I was packing for the university. What can you do about it? Huhh!

Come back to your senses!

“Yes, yes, yes I am, I totally am! Just touching up!" I said waking myself from the dumb nap I was taking.

"Great, see you then! Bye sleepyhead!"

Hahahah

"Bye you dumb little creature!" I spatted back as nicely as I could.

Holy moly! I completely forgot about it.
I ran towards my closet and grabbed the first thing that my hand picked. It was a black sweater. Hmmm just ah...yes found it! There was a ripped black jean of mine which I had kept there for these small outings.

I got ready quickly and put on my black boots. I don't know I just love them! And tied my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed my phone and purse and burst through the door down the stairs.

 I grabbed my phone and purse and burst through the door down the stairs

HONK...HONK!

Hell! I automatically covered my ears because of that continuous blaring honk. I knew it was him and he was going to get mad, I knew it.

Then start being punctual, Miss Campbelle.

Ughh not you again!

I am you, remember bitch.

Fine sorry, love you.

Love you more.

Yeah whatever.

 “It must be Xav, my poor child is hungry, be punctual Jo," Mom said.

I didn't have any answer to that; I just smiled sheepishly at her.

Hi-five mom.

I moved away all the files on which she was working on and hugged her tight.

"I will be back soon mom, bye love you."

"Love you too kiddo," she said. With that I waved at her and reached towards the main door. Just as I turned the door knob, I found an angry little creature standing on the porch glaring at me evilly.

Don't say it, don’t say it!

“Hey dumb!"

You are dumb!

Okay I shouldn't have said that.

For the first time he was not saying anything. Finally he made a move towards me but grasping the opportunity, I sneaked from there as fast as I could and sat in the passenger seat of his car looking outside nonchalantly.

He walked back and sat in the driver's seat. There was an awkward silence for whole two minutes. Unbearable!

Our eyes locked again and we both burst out into fit of laughter. Woah, I thought I was going to get a heavy lecture that day. But yeah! Hahaha

With that we drove off. The whole ride was silent; we were listening to our favourite track on the radio. The weather was quite windy yet pleasant.

I asked him where he went this morning as he was in a hurry, but he made some lame excuse about it.

It clicked me that he was acting a bit weirder. He was not the same like always.

'He was always the- ' I cut the call as it was from an unknown number.

Little did she know it was the same number from before? Call from the one?

─•~❉᯽❉~•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,

Next chapter is up!
Let me know in the comments what you think about this chapter.
Don't forget to vote and share if you like the story so far!

Meet you all in the next chapter!
Much love