Chapter - 15

"Guys, it's been a week and I haven't received the genres you are working on. Come on, it's not that hard to just submit a word or so. You guys are my students, I want this writing journey of yours to be memorable and exciting and not something boring and tedious," the professor glanced at every one of us with her sharp gaze.

Indeed, it won't take time to just hand over our genre names but for that, it had to be decided first.

Vian and I never talked about it; rather we never uttered a single word about anything. I wanted to discuss about our project but he always rushed out of the classroom as soon as the lecture got dismissed and there was no sign of him afterward.

I entered the library at the time of the day where I could remain at peace with my thoughts. Taking the same novel from the top left corner of the last shelf and sneaking my small butterfly bookmark from it made me giggle in happiness.

I decided to sit around to take the natural heat from the sunlight instead of booking a study room. Though the study rooms were cozy enough for taking a good read of my novel but it felt alone in that small room all by myself.

When you are alone in that small study room, then obviously you will feel alone, right? Was there any point you stated?

I just-- nothing.

I opened the book and continued from where I had left. It didn't feel like but an hour passed quickly like it was just a minute ago.

My concentration from the novel got disrupted when I heard a laugh. It was sure a contagious laugh as it brought a bright smile to my face automatically.

I looked around to see a familiar face coming out of one of the study rooms and it was Vian. With him, there was a girl who was blushing.

They both were laughing about something but the more Vian said something in her ear, the more she blushed.

What an epic scene!

I know, right?

His laugh. I had seen him laugh for the very first time. Or it would be better to state that I saw an expression on his face for the very first time.

The way his eyes wanted to shine out, but his curly bangs were trying to hide them

The way his eyes wanted to shine out, but his curly bangs were trying to hide them. His long fingers over his mouth to hide his beautifully aligned teeth. Just perfect. Yes, absolutely perfect. No. No no not perfect. Shut up, will you?

The girl, I had seen her in my other classes but I didn't know who she was. Nor I wanted to know.

I got up from my seat and marched my way towards them. Just as I stood before them, they both stopped their giggling and laughing or whatever it was.

"Hey!" I said. Awkwardness started to build already.

The girl left from there after bidding him farewell and Vian came back to his normal routine expressionless face. The face of a lost child.

"Hello," he stated politely and cleared his throat.

"Um, first of all, I want to thank you for saving me the other day," I said scratching my fingernails.

"It's fine. Don't talk about it," he replied.

I nodded my head at his statement and then this awkward silence took over us again. We both were standing in front of each other without speaking a word.

Go on, ask him about the project! It's not that hard! You are not asking him to be your boyfriend, okay? Chill.

Yeah right! Wait-what?

"Did you say something?" He asked. Before I could reply to that, he brought the genre topic out.

Oof! What a relief!

"Have you thought about it, like which genre?" He asked.

"You guys, just sit somewhere and don't talk. It's a library for God’s sake!" The librarian exclaimed clearly annoyed.

"Sorry, Miss we were just going," I stated with clutched teeth and went over to the desk I was seated on before. Vian followed me till there and sat on the opposite side of the table.

The sunlight fell on his face making his face shine bright. His eyes, though I have seen them but I realized how beautiful and different they looked.

Stop fangirling! Listen, he is speaking something.

"Huh?! Yes- yeah, I have penned down a few ideas I thought on which we can work on," I answered his question.

"Meet me tomorrow then? We have our next lecture in about 5 minutes," he said glancing at his watch.

"Sure, but we have to submit our form tomorrow."

"Um, I will be at the Stockholm library in the evening. You can join today if you want," he said to which I nodded my head in affirmation.

"Nice novel though, I love it," he said pointing at the one which I was holding in my hands. It was a mystery romance but I hardly believed that he liked it.

"Yeah, I love it too," I replied.

"Do you know one of the copies has a  bookmark, I think someone reads it and then hides it away from the other copies. It's silly but cute," he casually stated looking nonchalantly.

I hid the book instantly behind me after listening to his thing about the bookmark. Bummer! That's me!

You embarrassed me.

No, I didn't.

We both stood up at the same time and left for our own way.

Well, you guys talked more than I expected.

Yeah and--

─•❉᯽❉•─

A/N

Hey 🦋,
Hope you guys liked this chapter!
I'll update soon!
Bye