Prologue

Rick O'Connell didn't have time for women. He was much too adventurous to settle down. He didn't think he'd ever find the one. Until he met her. Angelica Hurley. Rick didn't know he'd be taking a brother and sister duo on an archaeological dig in the ancient city of Hamunaptra. And he had his right hand man to help him, Troy Whitley, who was also a prince. Troy and Rick were complete opposites when it came to danger. Rick would drive straight into it while Troy would try to think logically to get them out of the situation. Rick had talked Troy once again to follow him one another one of his adventures, which ended with Rick ending up in prison. Troy didn't have a choice but to watch his best friend stay in prison. And his prince title didn't even help him get his best friend out. But Rick would do anything for Troy and Troy would do anything for Rick, that's just how close they were. Evelyn Carnahan and her brother Jonathan were seeking information about Hamunaptra. Evelyn was close to Angelica and the two of them were on the same kind of profession. Except Angelica was more of an explorer than Evelyn. But they both wanted to find historical artifacts for museums or libraries. Naomi Ayden was Angelica's best friend who helped out occasionally. Because Evelyn and Angelica were so close, Angelica ended up dating Evelyn's older brother Jonathan. The two of them were happy in the beginning but as time went on, they quickly got on each other's nerves. Angelica fell for him because he was the only man she was around who wasn't her brother. The both of them decided that they'd be better off if they went back to being friends. Even though it hurt Jonathan for them to do so, he wanted Angelica to be happy. He was still hopelessly in love with her, of course. Angelica wouldn't catch it but Jonathan always looked at her longingly. Angelica had a younger brother, Francisco. He was her half brother but she never let that get in the way of their relationship. They had the same mother but different fathers. He was a couple of years younger and followed Angelica around when he had nothing better to do. He didn't approve of Jonathan and her being together since he always told Angelica that Jonathan wasn't her type. Angelica still cared deeply about Jonathan but didn't want to be on a romantic level with him. Jonathan had actually done something that could help his sister. He had found a map which led to the lost city of Hamunaptra. Evelyn and Angelica were ecstatic and decided to take it to the museum curator. "Jonathan, this is amazing!" Evelyn said to him. Angelica looked at the map and said "wow. You actually found this? On your own?" Jonathan nodded and said "yeah! I figured you and Evelyn could do something with it!" The museum curator ended up destroying the map since he thinks it was a myth. Evelyn and Angelica stared at the damaged map. Francisco said "you probably could still read it." Angelica rolled her eyes at her brother and Evelyn sighed. "Well, we could just go ask the guy I stole it from." Jonathan suggested. Naomi looked at Jonathan crazily. "You stole it?! You stole this map from someone?! You idiot!" Angelica hit Jonathan on the arm and he said "ow! I did it for you!" "Whatever." She shook her head while rolling her eyes. "Look, the guy is in a prison somewhere. We could just go ask him about it. Or have him take us to the city." Evelyn looked at him and then at Angelica. "No. I don't want to go on some random quest." Francisco said. "You know where he's being held?" Evelyn asked Jonathan. "Yeah. How do you think I stole his map?" He replied. "We're going. Now. Pack your things." Evelyn said. "See? Problem solved. We're going to go to Hamunaptra after all." Jonathan told Angelica. "Yeah. I guess so. This doesn't mean you're off the hook for lying." She said. Jonathan groaned and said "Angie, come on! I stole that stupid map because I know how much you want to explore and find treasure. And Evelyn wants to do the same. I did it for you both. I shouldn't of stole it but now we're going to be working with the guy. It'll be fine." "I sure hope so. Hopefully this guy isn't too mad you stole his map." Angelica said as she started walking away, Francisco following her. Jonathan gulped and said "I sure hope so."

Here's the prologue! The first chapter will kick off right when Rick gets out of prison! I hope y'all will read through this book and have fun doing so!!
~skylar🧡🧡🧡🧡