08

Chapter eight The Museum Angelica's POV:As we made our way to the museum, I kept Francisco close to me

Chapter eight
The Museum
Angelica's POV:
As we made our way to the museum, I kept Francisco close to me. He was still reeling from being knocked out and slept in the car on the way over. Rick turned around to look at me and said "is he ok?" I nodded and said "yes. He's sleeping." "Are you ok?" I half smiled and nodded. "Yes. I'm fine. A lot better than I was earlier." Rick gave me a smile and the smile on my face grew. As we arrived at the museum, everyone seemed to scramble out of the car. "Will he be ok here?" I said, asking about Francisco. Jonathan nodded and said "yeah, I think so. He knew we were going to the museum. And he needs the rest. Cause of his concussion." I looked to Rick who said "he'll be fine." Evelyn rushed inside and Rick followed. Naomi and Troy did the same. Jonathan and I walked alongside each other. "Angel, you ok?" He said softly. I looked up at him and said "yeah, why wouldn't I be?" "Cause of Cisco. I happen to know how much he means to you. I don't want him or you to be hurt." I half smiled at Jonathan and said "I'm ok, Johnny." We followed the rest of the group to the museum curators office. "You!" Evelyn said as we were met with the man from the Medjai. He looked at us all, his eyes going up and down each of us. "I'm Ardeth Bay. I have to stop the creature that you have all released." I stood next to Rick out of fear of Ardeth. Jonathan left my side and Troy adjusted his glasses on his face. Ardeth looked at me and said "one of my men knocked you down. I apologize for him. Even though he is now dead, our intentions were not to hurt you." Rick eyed him and said "you don't knock down a woman. She was all bruised up." Ardeth looked at Rick and then looked back at me. "I apologize..." "Angelica." "Angelica, I apologize for that. But, we must stop Imhotep." Naomi looked at him and said "why do you have to involve yourself?" "We are the protectors of Hamunaptra. We've protected it for 3'000 years. And you've all released him. And I have a feeling it was you." Naomi tilted her head and said "so, what if I did? He seems to have taken a liking to me." Troy looked at her crazily and Jonathan's eyes widened. "Naomi, I don't think that's a good thing." Evelyn said. Ardeth looked at Naomi and said "you'll regret releasing him." "I'm sure I will." "Ok, let's not have a fight." Rick interjected. The museum curator and Ardeth began to talk about Imhotep and a plan to stop him. "I'm not sure if this matters but he called me Anck Su Namun." Naomi said. Ardeth's eyes widened and he said "that was Imhotep's love. After 3'000 years he's still in love with her. And he thinks you're her because you brought him back." "So, how do we do that?" Troy asked. Ardeth began to explain a way and Evelyn said "we could find the Book of Amun-Ra. And send him back to the underworld." Jonathan was currently sitting on a display and was messing with it. He played with the bow and arrow and Evelyn looked at him. "Jonathan, will you get down from there?" He immediately bumped into the display, almost knocking it over. He hopped down next to me and I leaned my head on Rick's arm. As Ardeth came closer to us, explaining the plan, his eyes went to me. Rick put his arm around me protectively. "You all look somewhat familiar. I think Imhotep will recognize this as well." "We'll be defeating him. So it won't matter." Rick told him. "Do I look like her?" Ardeth looked at Naomi. "Who?" "Imhotep's love. Anck Su Namun." "No, but you do look like the woman he was in love with before." "How do you know that?" "Just from descriptions. There's no actual pictures of them but you do look very similar to the descriptions." Troy removed his glasses from his face to rub at his eyes. Evelyn walked to a rock which had a scripture in it, which held the details to where the Book of Amun Ra was. The sound of people chanting Imhotep's name filled the air. Rick walked over to the balcony, looking over. I still had ahold of his arm and Jonathan gulped. "Evie, hurry up." Jonathan said as he looked at her. Evelyn was reading the rock, her finger running over the carvings. "Patience is a virtue." She said. Rick shook his head and said "not right now it isn't." "I think I'm going to go and get the car started." Jonathan said. I nodded and said "I'll come with you." "No, stay with me." Rick said as he looked down at me. "I have to check on Cisco." He nodded and said "be careful." "I will." Jonathan and I left the room, practically running down the stairs. When we reached the bottom, we saw the crowd running towards the building. I grabbed Jonathan's arm out of fear and he started chanting Imhotep's name. "Imhotep." I joined in with him, hoping the people wouldn't storm the building and kill us. They all eventually started chanting the mummy's name, walking off somewhere. We got to the car and Francisco was inside, laying on the floorboard. "What the hell is going on?" He said. "The mummy's back. And his name is Imhotep." I said as I hopped in the front seat. Jonathan started the car and drove it to the front of the museum so everyone could get in. "The mummy's back?!" Francisco yelled. "Yes unfortunately." Jonathan mumbled.

I'm aware this is short!! I'll be pretty busy the next week but will try to update this book!! This month is going to be a bit hectic and busy for me so updates will come out but slow. Next chapter will be longer and will have a bit more action in it!!
~Skylar🧡🧡🧡🧡