010

Chapter ten Rescue PlanAngelica's POV:I woke up on Rick's chest

Chapter ten
Rescue Plan
Angelica's POV:
I woke up on Rick's chest. I didn't want to move. He was warm while I was freezing. I remembered last night. Did we kiss again? The answer was yes. I noticed the small hickey on Rick's neck. He'd be able to cover it up easily. I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the way Rick's lips felt against mine. The way he held me when I was straddling his lap. I was in love. And I hated it. I was in love with a man who probably won't have a thing to do with me when this is all over. A man who's always been alone and likes it that way. As much as I didn't want to, I removed his arm from my waist and sat up. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, going to the restroom. "Angelica?" Rick mumbled sleepily. "M'just going to the bathroom." I replied softly, running my hand through his hair. I went to the bathroom and then came back. Rick was still half asleep. "Angie?" "Hmm?" "Can I have a kiss? Before we have to get up and start planning this rescue mission?" I nodded even though his eyes were closed. I cupped his cheek which caused him to chuckle. I then pressed my lips to his. He smiled into the kiss and I pulled away, hugging him. Rick held me tightly and the two of us pulled away. Rick opened his mouth to say something but didn't. I furrowed my eyebrows and our door opened. "Are we making a plan or what?" Troy said. Rick looked at him and said "yes. We'll be out in a few minutes." Troy nodded and left the room. Rick and I then started to get dressed. I pulled my hair out of the ponytail it was in, shaking it out. Rick half smiled as I did so. I set my sleepwear into my bag and made sure my things were put away. We walked into the main room. Francisco was half asleep and Jonathan looked up at Rick and I. "Have we come to a conclusion?" Jonathan asked. Rick nodded while taking a breath. "He's going to take them back to Hamunaptra. So, we need to find a quick way of transport. Something that could get us there in half the time. No camels. No boats. Something faster." Troy furrowed his eyebrows and said "what could that be? What could get us there in half the time?" Francisco yawned and Jonathan said "if only we had a bloody plane." "Winston! We can use his plane!" Rick said. "Who's Winston?" Francisco mumbled. "He's a guy who has a plane. That's how we'll get to Hamunaptra." Rick said. Troy nodded and said "well, let's go get them." Rick looked at Troy and said "you like her, don't you?" "Naomi? Yes. I do. Very much. I'd like to be the one to save her." He adjusted the glasses on his face and Francisco rolled his eyes at him. "Everyone get ready. We'll need to go soon." Rick said and then he pulled me back into our bedroom. "What is it?" I said. Rick gulped and said "how do I put this?" I searched his face for an answer, wondering what he was about to tell me. "Angelica, you're a distraction. I don't want to engage in anything with you." I blinked a few times and said "what was last night then? You kiss me and comfort me and you hold me like you're about to lose me and then you say I'm a distraction?! Rick, why're you doing this to me?" "I'm not doing it to be an asshole. I just need to focus on the mission." I nodded and said "right. Well, let's try to keep away from each other for the rest of this trip." "Angelica-" "Just stop, Rick. I never should've gotten close to you. I should've listened to my head. But, I didn't. I thought it'd be different. That's what I get for letting this go on." Rick went to say something but I left the room, my heart crumbling into pieces. I felt so stupid. I was so stupid for thinking something could happen between Rick and I. I went to sit down next to Jonathan who noticed I was in a mood. "What's wrong, love?" "Nothing. I'm just stressed about Naomi and Evie." Jonathan shook his head and said "I know when something's bothering you. And you seem upset." "I'm fine, Johnny." Jonathan half smiled and pulled me into a hug. "You never did tell me when things bothered you." "I should've. I'm sorry." Jonathan hugged me tighter and said "doesn't matter. You still mean the absolute world to me. Even if we're not together." My lips parted and Rick came out of the bedroom. "Everyone ready? We need to go find Winston." Francisco clapped and said "I'm ready." Troy rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. "Let's go." Troy rushed us all out of the room. "Are you guys together?" Ardeth asked Jonathan and I. I shook my head and said "no. We used to be. A long time ago." Ardeth looked at Jonathan, his eyes going up and down. "She dated you? You're literally the clumsiest person I've ever met." Jonathan shrugged and said "yeah, well, I must be appealing in some way." I shook my head at him and patted his chest. "Let's go." Rick and Troy said in unison.

Naomi's POV:
"Take your hands off of me! I'm perfectly capable of walking without you holding my arm!" Evelyn said to Beni. Beni immediately let go of her and Imhotep turned to him, pointing a finger. "Don't touch her again." Beni nodded and said "yes, master." Imhotep then turned around, taking my hand as we walked. "Do you like it?" I furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Do I like what?" "The desert. Wouldn't you like to be queen of all this? And have me by your side? Your king?" I looked at him and he looked down at me, awaiting my answer. "I don't have a problem with the desert. I do have a small problem with ancient mummies wanting to whisk me away forever." Imhotep grabbed me by my shoulders, stopping me in my tracks. "You were with me a long time ago. You just don't remember. You will, soon enough." We then started walking again. The ancient Egyptian language was inciting. I liked to hear him speak but I didn't want him to say things like that. He wasn't an unattractive man. I'm sure he had his share in his day. But, I didn't understand what he wanted with me. I was also crushing on Rick the adventurer's best friend who happens to be a prince. I knew Rick and everyone else would be on their way to save me and Evelyn. But, how long will it take them to get to us? "You'll be treated like royalty. You'll have anything you could ever want. I can't say that much for your friend. She has to be sacrificed so Anck Su Namun can come back." "She's your long lost love. Why do you need me?" Imhotep looked out onto the horizon and didn't answer, leading us to Hamunaptra.

Here's the update!! I know it's kinda short but it's a filler chapter sooo yeah.
~skylar🧡🧡🧡🧡