Chapter 2

Your POV:
I needed a lot more information on the blonde without getting seen by him. But that's only if I could figure out how to tail him without knowing that I am. Then a thought popped into my mind. Like a cog whirring into gear. Call my Corsican contact to see if she knows anything. that I don't.

I whipped my phone out of my pocket and dialled her number, still walking and attempting to find somewhere quiet and safe to take the phone call.

"Hey it's me. Meet at the usual spot in 20." I say before ending the call.

She knew what I meant, right?

I sighed on the fact I didn't' even give her time to answer but what did it matter? I stepped out from the alley I found to have a private conversation and began heading for the meeting spot. It was a café not that far from my own hideout but obviously my contact didn't know that. Nor did she need to. I trusted her but I knew she had to do her job which was why I never showed her where my hideout was. Just in case she had to turn on me.

After a few minutes, I was stood outside the café. I headed in and sat down at a booth near the back. The most secluded part of the café.

"Do you know how hard it was for me to sneak out and avoid Arthur or Marvin seeing me?" Someone hissed at me.

"River! I'm so glad you could make it!" I beam.

"A hello would've sufficed." I say, changing my tone.

"Well, I'm sorry for not being in a good mood." She sighs, sitting down.

"What now?" She huffs.

"I want more info." I say.

"On?" She asks, assuming she wants me to elaborate.

"Everything. From what I don't know about the Corsican to who Arthur used to work for." I ask.

"Well, the news that's spreading like wildfire right now is you. But we're not talking about you for once. Arthur's "boss" is known in the mafia circle as Ash Lynx. Lynx because he's hard to tame." She pauses.

"So I'm assuming Lynx isn't his real name then?" I ask the obvious.

"No. Very few know what that is. Back to Arthur, he's now working for Dino Golzine. The head of the Corsican. Who currently has an interest in Ash Lynx but that could change. You're rather brazen so who knows how long it is before he has an interest in you?" She directs.

"Okay good point but no one knows who I am anyway. Nor the size of my numbers. Not even you." I say with a smirk.

"Side-stepping a little. How come you tell me hardly anything about yourself?" River asks.

"For the simple fact of what were to happen if they found out we were meeting up? You'd have to betray me, right? So, I'm telling you hardly anything to not only protect myself, but you as well." I say.

"How thoughtful." She sarcastically says.

"You know you love me." I tease.

"No. I don't think I do. I can't handle you most of the time." River remarks.

"You couldn't handle me if I came with a user manual." I tease.

"Pfft- Did you really just say that?" River says, trying to contain her laughter.

"Digressing back. What else don't I know?" I ask.

"Well, Golzine is looking for Banana Fish." River explains.

"Banana Fish?" I ask, confused.

"I don't know either. No one has said anything about it. So, I'm left puzzled as to what it is as well. If I figure out what it is before you, I'll let you know." She says.