Chapter 7

Bakugo ran, running as fast as he could through the forest. Shoving away leaves and branches that were in his path, sweat running down his terrified face and dampening his shirt. His shirt clinging  onto his chest as if though it understood the fear that Bakugo had.

"Raaaaaghhhh!" Every common sense Bakugo had was out the window when he looked backed. The culprit of such a horrid call had such crazed eyes, the rest of its body being hidden in the forest's shadows. One thing was certain, it was not human. This simply motivated him to pick up his speed and after a few seconds Bakugo came stumbling outside of the forest.

He turned around to see if the monster kept its pursuit. Moments passed as Bakugo stayed deathly quiet, once he was sure it wasn't going to come out he released a breath that he didn't know he was holding.

The soft breeze helped Bakugo to calm down, it seems the worst was over for now. Finally taking notice of his location Bakugo saw he was near the edge of cliff, or rather he was at a very high hill that led down to a river. Either way a fall down there could lead to a probable death.

"Ka-Kachan...why...why didn't you..." A cracked voice filled with grief called out to him.

This caused a cold shiver to run down his spine.

A young Izuku stood at the very edge of the hill, looking as battered and ragged as he did that day. Izuku covered his right side of his face even if it did nothing to stop the flow of blood. Seeing this Bakugo's head throbbed in pain preventing him from hearing anything else the young Izuku was saying.

Clenching his teeth at the sudden pain Bakugo stiffly made his way to his old childhood friend. But the closer he got the harder it became to ignore the painful throbbing. Each step took all he had in himself to keep himself from screaming in agony yet it wasn't enough to stop his descent onto a knee. The fall was so sudden that Bakugo threw his arm out below him but kept his right arm to remain holding his head.

Sweat and tears stung his eyes, his build up of drool from clenching his teeth dripped down onto the grass. Bakugo wanted so badly to cry out in pain and anger, he wanted to thrash and writh from the searing pain he was experiencing but he refused. He refused not because he thought it would make him look weak, he refused because right there standing in front of him was the friend he had belittled and bullied, and he wanted to save him.

He wanted to save the friend that he had wronged so much, the friend he bullied up until they were both 10 years of age. He didn't want forgiveness, nor did he deserve it and Bakugo kew it too.

Forcing his head to rise he made eye contact with a scared little boy. His expression held so much fear and terror that it brought waves of guilt to crash into Bakugo, and he couldn't help the tears from falling. Bakugo moved his hand away from his head and stretched it out to Izuku, the arm itself wanting to fall to the floor as if the gravity around Bakugo became heavier.

"...T-take my ha-hand...," the young Izuku took a step back, "pl-please take my hand...," another step back caused some loose dirt to fall down. Bakugo seeing this became more desperate. "Take my hand, PLEASE!"

The young Izuku stopped moving and stared at his childhood bully, to Bakugo it looked like he was questioning whether to take his hand or not. He couldn't blame him.

After what felt like an eternity in purgatory Izuku finally came to his decision to take his hand. Bakugo felt immense growth of happiness at this simple action but nothing ever came with ease.

Cracks began to appear and grow in front of Bakugo, creating a line that separated him from Izuku.

"Qu-quick, hurry take my hand!" Izuku heard the urgency in his voice and attempted to close the distance between them. But fate wouldn't be kind to Bakugo. The moment they were a inch away from each other was the moment the ground shook and the edge of the hill broke off.