The First Dodgeball Game Of The Year

I walked with Akane to school. We hadn't stepped a full yard onto campus when Kuno came up and bowed to me. I raised an eyebrow. "(Y/n) (l/n). I know that I have only met you, but please.take these!" He said handing me roses. I took them and Kuno walked away. "What was that all about?" I asked and Akane shrugged. "In the past, he was chasing after me and another girl. But when he.met you, he gave up on us and is going after you", Akane said. Going after me? "But why?" I asked and Akane just shrugged again. She knew as much as I did. I shook the thought out of my head. We walked into the school and went to History Class.

  After that, we went to a "special" 2-hour P.E. class. The game was Dodgeball. We had Akane and Ranma on my team, but Kuno was on the other team. He winked at me. I looked at Ranma. "What is wrong with him?" I asked. "Many things. Many things", Ranma answered shaking his head in shame. Akane laughed. "For once, he's right", Akane said to me. Our clothes looked different. The girls wore shorts that looked a little like skirts, while the boys wore knee high shorts. The girls tops were the same as the boys, Gray with black on the rim. The treacherous blew his whistle and the game started.

  If you got out, you had to have a member on your team catch a ball and then 2 people who were out went back in. "Is there a time limit?" I yelled to Akane. "No!" She said back. "Watch out!" Ranma yelled. A ball was coming at me. I caught it and two guys came back in. A little later into the game, everyone on the opposite team got everyone but me out. I dodged one coming at my face. I couldn't catch any because they came at me, rapid fire. After every single ball was on my side, I threw them all at them. I got 5 people out. I caught one and Akane and Ranma came in. Slowly our team came back in, 2 by 2. One came at my stomach, and I couldn't catch it. It hit me so hard I was thrown by the ball to the wall. "(Y/n)!" Akane yelled. Another ball came at my face, but in never felt it hit me. As I slowly glanced up, a person with a large red parasol and yellow clothes had blocked the ball from me. There was only a word to say who it was. Ryoga. He closed his parasol and put it on his shoulder. "What the hell?!" Ranma yelled at Ryoga. "What are you doing here?!" "I came to help out with the drama class because they couldn't move their shadow screen. When I came across the gym, I saw you playing and blocked a ball from contact", Ryoga answered. Ranma raised an eyebrow. He then smirked and chuckled lowly. "See ya later", Ryoga called over his shoulder and walked out of the gym. I stood up and walked to the bench. "Are you ok?" Akane asked. I nodded. I was nailed pretty hard in the stomach.

  After school, Akane and I ran home. I slid the door open. "Hi Kasumi", I said taking off my shoes. "Hello (y/n). I got a call from the school saying you were injured. Are you alright?" She said with a worried tone. "I'm ok. Thank you", I said and went to the guest room to do homework.

(Ryoga' s P.O.V.)

  I made an excuse today to help (y/n) out. I just was feeling something deep down in my gut. Akane rejected me before and I have been looking for another person to fall in love with. And I think I did. "Hey there", Ranma said and sat next to me on the wooden porch outside. "Listen, I know we haven't been good "friends" in the past and all, and we think of each other as rivals but, I have a feeling that you have feelings for (y/n)", he said. I nodded slowly. He smiled. "Remember the time when I helped you get the mark off your stomach? And the time you helped me feel better? Well, now I want to help you", Ranma said. "I'll help you get (y/n) to like you or realize that", Ranma offered and held his hand out. "If, on one condition, you help me with my martial arts training", Ranma said. I nodded. "Deal", I said shaking his hand.

  That evening, while Ranma was throwing punches at me, (y/n) walked in and sat down. Ranma stopped what he was doing. "Whatchya doing here?" He asked and punched my shoulder. "Kasumi send me here to tell you both that dinner is ready", she said and stood up. "Ok. Let's go Ryoga", Ranma said. I stood up and walked out with him. Akane passed us in the hall way. She pulled us over and stared at Ranma. "Something's going on", She said. Ranma sighed and told Akane everything that we talked about. She slowly nodded. "Ok. I'll help you", she said. All three of us nodded and we walked into the dinning room. I sat down next to Ranma on one end. Dinner was perfect. (Y/n) had made it. The dish was riceballs, sushi and fish cakes. It was really good. (Y/n) afterward, helped clear the table.

(A few days later, Ryoga and Ranma were sitting on the porch edge on Saturday)

(Still Ryoga' s P.O.V.)

  "Guys!" Akane said coming to us and smiling brightly. "I have awesome news! 2 things. One, (y/n) has decided to stay for a while. Two, I found out yesterday that she does like you, Ryoga!" Akane whispered. Ranma and I looked at each other. "Good job dude", Ranma said. I smiled. "The secret flowers were a good idea, and I'm glad we had (f/f)s near us", Ranma said. "The deal is not off however", he said. I nodded. "Now for phase 2", Akane said. Phase Two was hard for any guy, really. We'll let you find out what that is.

(Btw, (f/f) means Favorite Flower.)