Hyunjin felt like his world had been put into slow motion as he sprinted after the others into the living room. Even though it felt as though he were running for his life, in reality, he was moving much slower.

The metallic smell of blood overwhelmed his senses as the door to the living room was thrust open. Jeongin was laying in a pool of his own blood, tears leaking from his tightly shut eyes. Chan was kneeling by him, his shirt wrapped around the bullet hole in his back.

"Back off," Chan said in a low voice. Even though his face was wet with tears, his voice was steady and quite terrifying.

Dr. Choi had his gun pointed at Chan's head, preparing to fire if needed. Dr. Son was leaning against the couch like nothing was amiss. She had a pager in her hand but made no move to call anyone.

Hyunjin rushed to Jeongin's side, his blood filling the cracks in the concrete floor. Along his bloodied back were numerous scars ranging from thin, white lines to ugly pink bumps. Jeongin was still breathing though it was labored.

"I don't wanna die here," He sobbed, his voice weak. "I still-"

Hyunjin cut him off. "Shh. You'll be okay. Don't waste your energy on speaking."

Pulling his attention away from Jeongin for a moment, he became aware of the situation unfolding around them. Felix was holding Dr. Choi's gun as Changbin pinned him against the wall by his neck. Dr. Son began to call for backup, but Seungmin stole the pager and disappeared into his room.

Within seconds, more doctors came rushing into the room to take Jeongin away. None of 'The Kids' had any clue what they were going to do to him. All they could do was hope for a quick return. Along with Jeongin, Dr. Choi and Dr. Son disappeared as well.

The only evidence of what had happened was a large puddle of Jeongin's blood which was already beginning to dry. Hyunjin felt a rage that he never thought he would ever have to experience in his lifetime. The scientists had first ruined their lives and were now taking them. He vowed that he would make them pay for their crimes in due time.

~~~

Weeks flew by and Jeongin remained under lock and key. According to Eunho, he had been put into a medically-induced coma so that they could run more tests and try new drugs on him to see if they worked. They had been deceived. The scientists at the new laboratory had no intention of letting them rest. They had waited years to get their greedy hands on them and refused to wait any longer to complete their research.

One by one, 'The Kids' were brought in for testing. At first, it began as simple blood tests until Hyunjin felt a knife pierce through his heart. His eyes widened, gaping at the scientist who had done the deed before he faded away into nothingness.

He should be dead but he wasn't. His eyes refused to open, but he could still hear everything going on around him.

"The wound pierced cleanly through his heart. There's no way he could have survived this, never mind healed himself in this amount of time," A scientist marveled.

"This drug has proved to be able to repair tissues at an almost superhuman rate," A doctor stated, not bothering to conceal their pride. "We added part of Seungmin's bone marrow to the drug. The prototype that led them here is also part of the reason why the drug is capable of doing this. It might even be the way to a cure."

"In that case, you shouldn't try to cure them," The scientist suggested. "You can keep testing similar drugs on them as well as use them to administer the drugs that work. Everyone in the world will know our names once we release them."

Hyunjin felt his blood run cold. Their assumption about the scientists was wrong. They never had any intention of letting them go. All they were to them were pawns for their success. In their eyes, they weren't even human.

His eyes fluttered open, blinded by the fluorescent lights glaring down at him. Only now that he was awake did he begin to feel the awful, throbbing pain in his chest. Seeing the stitches on his wound made him feel nauseous.

"How do you feel, Mr. Hwang?" The doctor asked politely as if he weren't just plotting his life as a lab rat a few seconds prior.

"Awful thanks to you," Hyunjin said coldly. Beneath his disgust and rage lay a burning desire to go home and return his life back to the way it used to be. Even if that meant staying trapped within the walls of his home.

"I thought you would be a bit nicer considering you're gonna be helping us develop a life-saving drug," The scientist said calmly. "You've already played a major role in clearing one drug as successful."

"I don't give a shit about the drug," Hyunjin spat. "We're only useful to you until we die. You don't give two shits about us and our well-being."

The scientist opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by Eunho practically pulling the door off its hinges.

"Felix had a reaction to drug C," Eunho explained breathlessly. "He's dead."