Chapter 13

Raven POV

"Maybe it's time. It has been a few months since I released Velvet on him. And if I'm not mistaken, the Vytal Festival is coming up." I said, "I guess if I'm gonna see (y/n) I'll also have to see Yang." I said with a sigh.

(y/n) POV

"And that's why I'm determined to find my mother and make her explain herself. And a side quest is figuring out exactly what happened the night my sister was kidnapped, I know something happened, but I can't remember what." I said, "Oh wow. That's a lot to unpack, but a bigger question is why am I here?" Terra asked, "I don't know. I got bored and toying with you is fun." I said, "That's so mean!" She said, "Yeah just a bit." I said, "Gods when did we get so close to a bar. You may be an adult, but you're not at the legal age to drink." She said, "We aren't near a bar, but I know that smell!" I said as I drew my blade and slashed next to me, "Easy there kiddo. If it were anyone else standing here, they'd be dead." A man said, "Drunk guy." I said coldly, "QROW!" A woman shouted as she grabbed Qrow by his ear, "We are going back to Beacon!" She said, "Professor Goodwitch?" I said, "Mr. Belladonna, Mis. Phoenix, this appears highly inappropriate." She said, "Hey good work kid! Just like your uncle, always landing a ten." Qrow said, "SHUT UP DRUNKARD!" Professor Goodwitch and I shouted as we punched him, "Now now you two." Terra said calmly, "I knew I liked you." Qrow said, suddenly a dagger flew between his legs, "Shut it before I decide not to miss my next throw." Terra said as she held up another dagger.

"And that's why I want, but legally can't have another baby." Terra said as she took a sip of her drink, "That was so graphic! So much, too much detail!" I said, "You're twenty years old honey. Get over it." She said, "No!" I said, "Anyway, will your team be entering the tournament?" She asked, "No Oz banned me from entering. He said that having a monster in the tournament wouldn't be fair." I said, "Well then, tell me what happens after find your mother and get your answers? What's next for the monster man?" She asked, "I don't know. I never really thought about it." I said, "Maybe you could get a girlfriend." She joked, "Are you volunteering?" I joked, "All jokes aside, (y/n) I see you, and Arthur too for that matter, as my kids. And as your unofficial mother, I'm telling you to think about your future. You are smart, talented, and exploding with potential! I can tell hunting has little to no interest to you, but you are so fixated on your quest that you willingly got dragged into something far larger than yourself." She said as she held my hand.

We talked for hours and ultimately I decided that it be best if I dropped out of Beacon next semester, take a break from my quest and move in with Terra. She said she'd be more than happy to let me live with her while I get a taste of a normal life. We dropped out of the tournament and it was probably for the best.

"So I heard you dropped out of the tournament, wanna explain what that's about?" Blake asked, "I'm dropping out of Beacon soon, and I'd rather not have to fight my little sisters before I leave." I said, "Sisters? Did you hit your head or something? I'm your only sister." she said, "Well apparently not. Apparently, Yang is my little sister too." I said, "What? No way." she said, "Believe it or not. Doesn't matter to me though, You're my only sister Blake, not Yang." I said as I ruffled her hair, "You know Mom is gonna be worried sick about you when I tell her where you ran off to right?" I said, "You wouldn't dare!" she said, "We both know I would, baby sister." I said, "You are evil!" she said as she pushed me, "I'm gonna miss you." she said, "I won't be far, I'm gonna be living with Terra." I said.

We watched the Vytal Festival and on the second day, the unthinkable happened Beacon was attacked. My team and I helped wherever we could, but it wasn't enough. Nothing we did felt like it was enough. "(Y/N)!" a woman shouted, suddenly someone pushed me and I found myself in the middle of a forest, "Raven." I said coldly, "Hello sweetie. Did ya miss mommy?" she said, "Where am I?" I said, "My camp." she said, "Which way to Vale? I have work still to do." I said, "Just stop! You might be incredibly strong but you won't be any help." she said, "Maybe, but I have to try." I said, "No you don't! I am your mother and I am telling you that you are staying here!" She snapped, "No you're not. Kali Belladonna is my mother. You, you're a stranger." I said, "Yeah well that's your fault. You ran away not me." she said, "Whatever." I said.