Chapter 2- the party

He tried to ignore what had happened the days before and enjoy himself. This party was brilliant he thought. Loud music so many people. What a turnout!

Laila peered into the house from outside. She had found the address of the party from the receptionist  and was planning on gate crashing. It was so easy for her to have lied, I just want to thank him and say no harm feelings for my mother and wish a happy birthday she had said.

 She picked up a brick and smashed it though his window. The loud music stopped.

Alex holding on to Cindy walked to open his door. He began shouting 'YOU LL PAY F-' he stopped upon seeing Laila.

Her eyes were narrowed and she had gotten no sleep. She was wearing a long black abaya with a scarf around her shoulders.

'Hello' she smirked evilly 'what's the matter...something stop your heart?'

She gave a large cackle and picked up another brick. She stared at him and his eyes widened in fear. But her eyes turnt to the BMW he adored so much.

'Wait...come on...this is insane!' She chucked it through the window of his car.

Cindy looked on astonished but trying hard not to enjoy the show. She didn't want to sound mean but Alex could use being taken down a peg or two. Alex marched to the girls side and grabbed her by the shoulders.

'Enough!' He shouted 'how many times must I say how sorry I am? But it wasn't my fault!'

She pushed his hands aside and turned to leave. She walked the long walk home as Alex went back into his apartment. Not sure if the party should go on.

One of the young men at the party watched the dark haired girl in awe. He slowly got into his car when no one was watching and followed her home. He parked his car far away and was walking behind her so she couldn't see him. She was making her way into a large big house and was about to follow her when he saw the lights on. He could hear many people talking he noted the door number and remembered where she lived. He turned towards his car and went straight back to the party.

The house was full of relatives visiting paying condolences and waiting for Laila to come home as everyone had come back from the funeral. When she went inside they rushed to her asking so many questions where had she gone why was she this what happened. She closed her eyes and felt someone lead her by the arm and help her towards the bedroom. No one cared they'd be gone tomorrow and back to their normal lives. Why are you even here? She wanted to spout out in anger. Her parents had been good people but abandoned for wanting to practise their religion. Her father was a India revert who use to be Hindu and her mother was egyption. But in the eyes of both it was completely wrong. Her Egyptian side never handled the fact that he use to be Hindu, and well her Indian side would never let it go that their young boy not only became muslim but married a girl from the other side of the world let alone the other side of the village. Burying her mother and father...now that wasn't meant to happen it's the other way round. Isn't it? She buryed her head into her pillow ignoring requests to come down and eat.