chapter nine- we're all fighting our own demons

Assalamu alaikum and helloooo. I honestly have no idea where to take this story. :( that's why I've been so absent for soo long. I really am going to try with this and take it somewhere. Feel free to leave your comments AGAIN...sooo sorry

Chapter nine- we’re all fighting  our own demons

She cuddled up in bed in her old bedroom, it had been a couple of days since the party (though I know it’s been months since I updated soo sorry L ) and she was back at her aunts house unsure of what to do. This was not what she had expected. Deep down who was she kidding? She’d watched the fairy tales for most of her life and grown up with the likes of Cinderella and Snow White from her childhood. She scoffed silently thinking she had found her Prince Charming. He could be thoughtful and caring he really could, yet at the same time… never mind.

Her eyes began to droop from how tired she felt.

They sat down to eat after work. He had been reading a book about being romantic with your wife in Islam. One thing the Prophet (s.a.w) used to do with Ayesha (r.a.) was after she had drank from a glass he would find the place her lips had touched that glass and take a drink. Maybe he should try this he thought.

'Alex?' His wife said quietly 'where you off to now?'

He stared at her taking her glass and looked at it. She frowned what he was doing. He lifted it up stared at her deeply did a mock cheer was about to place it to his lips then stopped.

'Alex… what are you doing?'

He remained silent. Come on you can do this...do it do it do it the crowd chanted in his head. He placed it nearer to his lips. Closed his eyes with his mouth open like a fish.

She couldn't stop laughing at him. He hated to drink from other people’s drinks and others from his what was this?

He opened his eyes looking at her hurt.

'You laughing at me?'

She held her stomach over as tears fell down her face.

'I don't understand what you're trying to accomplish love, that's all'

He placed the glass on the table and said, 'the Prophet (s.a.w) used to drink from the same cup as Ayesha  on the same place her lips had touched it I thought he did it why I can't I do it? I was trying to be romantic I guess.'

She giggled like a school girl.

'He was being romantic there are other ways he showed to be romantic' she said 'teach me another one'

She smiled up at him, still giggling every now and then. He traced circles on his knee. Why was he so shy all of a sudden? Of his wife he'd known her for years but still so shy.

'Aaww babes' she moved closer and touched held his hand 'what else did he do?'

'Before he left to go outside for the masjid or something...he would kiss the Ayesha before he left' he said shyly

She held his face in her hands she placed a kiss on his lips and he pushed her on to the sofa.

'I'm not hungry anymore' he murmured

She suddenly opened her eyes from the dream, gosh it had felt so real she thought. Was he really here holding her like this?

Alex stared at his computer screen. He had dark circles around his bags.  He hurt her like he always did. There was no point in having her close to him, having her love him or him loving her. There was no  point , because people they die. They leave or they abandoned him and he was left alone to pick up the pieces of his life. There’s no point he thought to himself.  There’s just no point in it.