Chapter four- Are you sure?

Sorry for the late reply I'm trying to decide where to take it. Comment vote and follow guys

Two weeks later

'You really want to marry this man?' Her uncle asked looking her deep in the eyes.

She gave a small smile and sighed as she stared out the window. As she had been discharged from the hospital her fathers uncle had taken her in. The only one who had stayed by her parents side, he had become Muslim first before her father. He was able to give her hand away in marriage so she had turned to him as her father was unable to.

'I haven't said yes though. I know it seems like I'm jumping ahead of the game but...I guess I feel like my life is empty you know. I don't have an education I had to drop out when dad passed after my secondary school and start work.' She took a small pause 'It's a marriage of convenience. You could say I'm afraid of being alone.'

'Come now' her uncle replied in a deep voice 'you're never alone. Allah is there watching over us protecting us. When we are in need turn to Him and He will not turn you away. If you sincerely turn to Him He will guide you.'

Laila turned to him. He was taken aback by what he saw. Her eyes were cold and her exterior was hardened. She walked out the room running up the stairs and curled up into a ball on the guest room bed. She hadn't wanted to say something she would regret.

She was sinking in despair. Every day that went by was another burden and at times it was so hard not to overdose on the paretamol she took for the pain from her wound. Or jump in front of a passing car. But something stopped her, something always stopped her. Maybe, by marrying Alex she would find comfort and protection she had gotten from her parents. Somehow she knew that wasn't the case. Closing her eyes she fell into a deep sleep.

(Dream)

She was walking through a dark alley way. Footsteps were not far behind. She looked back to see a dark hooded figure walking her way. Her heart beat quickened and her legs sped up. She was running away from whatever was trying to find her. He grabbed her from behind and threw her onto the ground. She couldn't make out his face as much as she tried to.

"Pl-please" she whimpered

He cackled before jumping on top of her. She tried screaming but with his whole weight pressed against her she couldn't breathe properly.

"Laila" the voice said

"Laila" her aunt cried out. Laila awoke sobbing in fright.

Her aunt gathered her to her chest and brushed her hair gently. She buried her head in her Aunt's chest. A motherly embrace she craved for. A temporary fulfilment for now.

"Laila...come and pray, it's time for maghrib" her aunt said gently

Laila went stiff before wrenching herself away from her aunt

"No thank you" she muttered ''I'm fine"

Her aunts heart was saddened by what was becoming of this child. She slowly got up to leave the room before saying, "Laila it won't always be so painful. You realise you need to put your strength in Alla and-"

"OH BE QUIET! STOP. With the religious advice and overbearing piety I can't stand it!!!!!" She screamed anger emanating from her.

Her aunt quickly exited the room tears gushing down her face before she bumped into her husband.

Lailas uncles looked into her eyes ,'my dear what's wrong?' He led her towards their bedroom.

'I came to see what the shouting was about' he said