Chapter ten

I am soooo sorry everyone I've been working on my final year at University with exams as well so i haven't had the chance to actually write anything. I apoligise for dragging this story out. Please forgive me I just have noooo idea where to take this story :( but your comments keep me going and wanting to write.

Alex was typing some documents in his office when the door slowly opened.

"Not now" Alex said without bothering to look up "I'm very busy please come back in an hour."

"You don't think you'll be left alone do you?" A voice murmured

Alex looked up from his desk and his eyes landed on one of the young men he despised the most.

Alex's demeanour changed from concentrated to angry. His eyes narrowed as he looked into those black holes for eyes in front of him.

"What do you want?" Alex hissed

The man walked towards him.

"I've got a message for you from the boss. He's going to make you pay for your betrayal." He said with a twisted smirk on his face.

Alex stood up from the desk and slammed his fists on the table.

"Get out before I THROW YOU OUT" he bellowed

"I can't get out none of us can. You know too much to have left and now we've found you."

"I'm not doing anything wrong I just want to live my life"

"Boss don't see it that way you betrayed him. He treated you like a son." He shook his head gently.

Alex scoffed

The man walked towards the door and said ,"funny if anything were to happen to that pretty little wife of yours."

Alex jumped over his desk and slammed the man into the door. His hands wrapped around the throat of the man choking him. The man tried pushing him off but Alex wouldn't let go until the mans eyes began to close. Alex let go and whispered menacingly in his ear,"anything happen to her I will hurt anyone responsiblr!!!" He opened the door and pushed the man out.

He watched the man on the ground in front of him and his anger threatened to consume him.

'Does she know what you're capable of?' the man spluttered 'you don't deserve her you'll only hurt her.'

Alex slammed the door in his face and leaned his back against it, closing his eyes and breathed in gently as he tried to calm his anger. I've already hurt her. How will I keep her safe?  He took his phone out to call her but then remembered what he had done to her. She wouldn't want to speak to him. Give it some time his mother had said be patient she had said. Pfftt patience what a weak thing to be in a state of.

He was numbing himself away from what he truly felt and that was remorse for what he had done. If he felt then that meant he cared. He wasn't meant to care was he? But she was there when he closed his eyes and when he opened them her presence seemed to be everywhere.

He took his phone out and did what he knew was right.

----------------------------------------------------

She sat on her bed flipping through the books she had taken out from the library. Her mind was all over the place and she needed to sort herself out. Just because she was having marital problems didn't mean she had to stop trying to build her life. Her eyes flipped over the books scattered across the bed. Her writing journal, 10 ways to a better you, Life Coach, Goal Mapping, Dua's for success. She flopped down on her back and sighed deeply. Come on she shouted to herself you can get yourself out of this dark place. What is it you want to be? She placed her hand on her heart and felt the gentle beat of it pumping away. My God she thought to herself as long as this was beating she still had a chance at life. You my dear heart were created to love God and to love what He created for the sake of Him. She chewed on her lip gently, even the likes of Alex. But perhaps by loving Alex for His sake it's easy to accept his faults. She closed her eyes and inhaled in deeply. Don't give your heart on a platter to a man, not when the Lord of the worlds holds it in between His Own very Hands.