Chapter five

Assalamu alaikum and Hii I'm so sorry for taking so long to update please forgive me. Hope you are all okay. Rate comment and follow my friends :)

'WHY would you only want me? I've got nothing...that doesn't make sense' she sobbed. She tried hard but the tears wouldn't stop no matter how hard she tried.

To be told you're nothing and to feel as though you have nothing.

'I was stupid to come here. Why did I come here?' She whispered and turned to leave.

She shut the door behind her and stared out into the dark night sky. Alex sank down into the sofa with an annoyed huff. Why was he so bad at talking to this girl? It's as if he couldn't smooth talk the idiot he was inside just came out. He shook his head and realised he needed to go after her. He's such a fool what if something happens to her?

She was in deep thought and heard a sound. It was as if someone had stepped on a crunchy leaf. She hadn't realised due to being in such deep thought that she was about to walk into a park. Which clearly wouldn't have been safe at night. She turned around to walk back to Alex’s house when she could hear footsteps treading across the grass. Alex lived only five minutes away...with a deep breath she sprinted for her life. The man covered in his hood watched her run from far away.

'Don't worry. Soon' he murmured

Alex had stepped out of his house only to see Laila running in his direction.

'Laila' he ran up to her in shock. She was shaking and gasping.

'There...was something in the park' she gasped 'someone was there and I think I'm being followed again' she weeped.

He placed a hand on her arm and gently guided her towards his house. He picked up his keys and they went to his car.

'Okay...I'm taking you back to your uncles and we're going to talk' he said 'this is serious your safety is at risk here'

She closed her eyes as she tried not to relive the terror of that night.

'Talk to me. Just don't think about it' Alex said

She opened her eyes wondering how he knew.

'It seemed obvious you were doing that' he replied back to her silent question. He focused his eyes on the road ahead. She kept silent and looked out the window.

She turned to look at him, her eyes focused on his face. He looked out the corner of his eyes.

'Okay' she said 'I shall marry you.'

He stopped the car to a screech.