Chapter 17: Our Father, Our Destroyer

The roaring of the two monsters were the sounds that made the earth shake with fear as they ripped through enemy lines like they were nothing but paper.
Exactly what their allies had needed in a battle against such a merciless foe.

Tails whipped the air as they slammed their jaws down on unsuspecting soldiers and mutilated their bodies with their claws with little to no shame; after all, it was what the enemy deserved. A life for a life, right?
Crimson splattered across their faces- golden eyes shining with a newfound rage and a hatred that had been growing inside them. Building up and clawing at their minds until they were finally able to gain their release; through murder and bloodshed.

Around them, swords and knives clashed together and soldiers leapt upon each other like savage dogs trained to fight and kill. Colours and flags merging with blood as they tore each other apart with their weapons and their own hands- yanking at hair and punching at ribs. Digging their boots down into the stomachs and wounds of their opponents with gritted teeth of white and dirt; twisting their blades and screaming out their lungs to each other.

Kazakhstan's wings beat against the ash-filled skies. Shooting through clouds of smoke and fumes that flowed from the earth and the massacred forests that laid strewn out beneath him like a ripped-up sheet. He squinted his eyes behind his goggles as he looked around before signalling to his soldiers who followed behind- leading them down towards the growing battle that was still raging beneath them like newly embers.
The wind was already crying around them and the screaming of soldiers beneath deafened the avians of the sky- but Kazakhstan continued to press his fingers against his palms while looking towards his allies. Speaking and talking to them in an unspoken language that all had them nodding their heads and pulling out small sets of daggers from their gloves. Silver gleamed beneath their fingers as they aimed towards the targets they shot down towards.

And like a rain of arrows, they hit the soldiers beneath them. Driving their palms and daggers deep into the heads and necks of those they hit. Claws and talons stabbing into the shoulders of the screaming enemies as they took them down to the ground one by one. Like crows amongst carrion.

Picking off their prey and ripping away their lives.
Feathers of gold, white, brown and black fluttering through the air and smoke- resting amongst the bodies of the soldiers they hit.

The Admiral panted heavily as he continued to drive his dagger deeper and deeper into the chest of his target. Listening to the gurgling screams of the man who stood under him with buckling knees- choking on his own blood and tears as he clawed desperately at Kazakhstan's legs and arms. And soon, collapsing under the weight of the hybrid who did nothing but push himself off and launch himself back up into the skies.
Blood dripping from his fingers and his goggles- a splatter of beautiful crimson laying across his golden feathers. Emotionless eyes of glass staring down towards the still struggling and crying debris of humans and mortals alike.

He watched as his soldiers rose back up into the skies around him- all covered in blood and sweat and tears. Wings beating tiredly against the elements that they belonged to. Tails shifting against the wind- something Kazakhstan envyed.
Oh to have a tail. A beautiful tail of feathers and patterns alike. A stupid dream and an impossible wish. A dream he would pray for at Christmas and his birthday when he was younger. Desperately sitting on a rooftop and crying out towards the stars for that delicate part.
A selfish selfish memory.

A selfish dr-

An arrow shot past Kazakhstan and he barely had enough time to dodge- the tip of stone lightly slicing across his cheek as he drove himself out of the way. Hissing as his blood began to run down his cheek.
It wasn't long until rows upon rows of arrows began to drive themselves through the clouds towards the waiting soldiers who began to scatter- dodging and manoeuvring with cries of hysteria and pain. Kazakhstan grunted as his wings slammed against the air and shot himself up higher and higher, glancing around to make sure his allies were safe and well. Roughly dragging a gloved hand across his cheek- smearing the blood across his skin like war paint before he began to look for the soldiers that aimed crossbows up towards the sky. Eyes narrowing.