7.

My eyes open on a new day, on a new chapter. With a smile I roll towards Myles, still sleeping, and rest my head on his chest.
Sure we've woken up together before, but not when officially living together.
Our first place, a rental, because Myles says it takes time to build me my dream house.

Our forever house.

Myles doesn't talk love or marriage, but he wants a forever house with me.
That's pretty much the same thing, right?

"Your side, we agreed" Myles grumbles with a smile and pretends to push me off him, I hold on with both my arms and my legs and a delicate giggle.
"Wait, this isn't my side?" I check by lifting my head. "It looks like the middle to me"
"You're very pleased this morning, I see?" He smirks but my stomach sinks.

I'll have to hide the bruise with a scarf when I go to pick up some groceries later today.
I didn't mean to, but new house sex was just too exciting. I lost my control for just a second and bam!
Orgasm.
I apologised immediately but the damage was done, it was just a mild choking, nothing I couldn't handle.

"Pleased?! I have officially bagged me the top rated cardiologist on the east coast. Of course I'm pleased" I scoff playfully and keep the conversation above the belly button.

Honestly, I try to avoid sex at all costs.
What's the point if neither of us can get there?
Myles just finds pleasure in having control over the matter, he's an enigma, professionally captivating.

One day I'll get to the root of it all.

"Bagged, like I'm a sure thing now eh?" He laughs and rolls to tickle me.
He knows I hate to be tickled, yes I laugh, but that doesn't mean I enjoy it.
"Stop! Please" I beg already gasping for breath.
"Do you know how pretty you look in a north facing light?" He smiles at me and winds both arms around my back.

A sweet Myles is something to stop and appreciate, so I do.

"Not unless you tell me" I exhale and relax into his body.
"These eyes, those lips and this nose...... have you ever been a blonde, Lucy? You would look breathtaking as a blonde" he whispers and kisses my mouth long and slow.
"Blonde? Never, my mother would kill me. She only put up with my fathers mood swings because of his hair, said it was worth it to have a daughter look like me" I roll my eyes.
"Well, a good wife knows to make sacrifices for her family. Say yes, I'll book and pay for the appointment myself, please? You would look so hot" he mumbles and kisses all the way down my throat.

Wife?

"Ask me again in a month, just like this" I moan loving the feel of his gentleness.
"For you, Lucy. I'd move heaven and hell, I can wait a month for you to ultimately agree" he chuckles.

My eyes flutter open slowly, the grid lines of the grout disorientating, the cold, bone deep. I hear something far off in the distance, once more the room is dark with night.
There it is, the creak of the fifth step.

"Lucy?!" He calls out, the sound that woke me. "God, Lucy?" He panics.
Footsteps follow the chains from the bed to the bath.

My heartbeat spikes, tears fall once more to my cheeks.

"Oh no" he murmurs and his hot hands check my pusle and breath sounds.
I hear the anger in his sigh.

His arms draw me close, he lifts me against his chest and my body falls slack, my arms find themselves around his neck purely so I don't fall.

"I got you, shh" he whispers gently as I sob into his neck.
"You left me" I scold him when what I wanted to say was, you killed her.
Surely that's the real crime here.
"Tried to get back to you, I really did"
His hands smooth back my hair and he checks over my face, like always his is shadowed.
"She's dead..... you killed her"
"God, Lucy no. That man isn't me, can't you see that?" He balks at the accusation.
I try to make my eyes focus, I try to see him, I see stubble and tesnion lines around his mouth.
"You make sure I don't see anything, Doc.... no more drugs, I'll stay, I won't fight. Please, no more, I cant take it"