Deal With the Devil(?)

"And what if we win? which we will.."

I narrowed my eyebrows staring at him and then went to my nii-san to discuss the matter, why? Cause he's the captain, duh!

"Nii-chan follow me"

"Hai" We went to the corner of the gym, far away from the others so they won't be able to hear us.

"Nii-chan! tell me seriously, are you sure you're gonna win today?"

"Of course we will" he said with his fist raised upwards in the air "Have faith in your team. They worked pretty hard to defeat them today."

"Well I do have faith in them but not blind faith. I've never seen any of the team play." I again switched to my thinking position" Ok then........ as you said. I'm trusting your words and putting my faith on our team nii-san. Lets go back to them. Make sure you win."

"OSU!"

.

We both went to the rest and I stood in front of Ushiwaka and looked at him with an intense glare.

"Hmm.... Ushijima Wakatoshi, a.k.a. Ushiwaka, the captain and ace of Shiratorizawa, I, Oikawa Midori, first year at Aoba Joshai, promise you, if you win you can ask for anything to me, whatever you want from me, no questions asked."

"WHAT? DORI ARE YOU INSANE?" shouted Iwa-san and then turned to nii-chan "OI SHITTYKAWA! you remember how stubborn she is right? If she promised something she will keep it."

"Yah I do remember."

"SO ASSHOLE! STOP HER THEN!"

"But why? We are gonna win this today and with her promise, we will feel more motivated. We will win today, for her sake."

"And if you loose, Ushiwaka, you are going to leave.."

"Leave what?" Asked Shirabu which caused both me and nii-chan to smile.

"If Shiratorizawa looses today, Ushijima Wakatoshi will leave the volleyball team and never touch the ball again for the rest of his life...." This made everyone gasp, except me, nii-chan and Ushiwaka.

"So do we have a deal captain?"

"Wakatoshi lets not do this. We are here for a friendly mat-" Semi soon got interrupted

"Deal!" Said Ushiwaka which made my grin wider.

"Nii-chan you know what to do."

"Hai!"

"You are gonna regret this" said Iwa-san with a sigh.

.

The match soon started, the first set was a close call but with my brother's super cool serves and the super hot spikes of Iwa-san, we got the set with 23-25

Interval came before the start of 2nd set and I handed the boys there water bottle and towels.

"Keep up boys! Another set to win. You can do this! I've total faith on you." I cheered them

"OSU!" They said in unison, clearly motivated

.

The 2nd set started and it was won by Shiratorizawa with a score of 21-25. I can see Tendo is an exceptional middle blocker and that brat Shirabu is a good setter too. But Ushiwaka, I can very well see why he's the #3 ace in the country. His serves are amazing and so powerful. That man really is something.

The boys were a little sad so it's time for me to talk.

"What's up with those faces ha? We still got a set to win. Don't you dare get demotivated now, I'm at stake here you get that! So, move your shitty asses and win this. They are humans you get it. MAKE THEM FUCKING CRY!!!" I shouted.

"HAI!" well I'm good at this, maybe I should become a manager.

Ushiwaka was watching my interactions with the team, very carefully and before the 3rd set was about to start he walked towards me and said.

"We are gonna win this. Get ready!"

"We'll see."

.

With the start of the third set my heart started beating fast. Ushiwaka started the set with his super strong serve and scored. The next one was stopped and returned. 

The match went on, Aoba Joshai had a lead with 15- 13. I was watching my brother and Iwa-san carefully. He got hold of the ball and took a setting position with Iwa-san who came to spike, but this time, nii-chan pushed it to the opposite side and scored. Nii-chan is pretty clever, I wish I could have continued playing volleyball, maybe I would have been as famous as him.

Nii-chan served the ball and it was 20-20. Soon they went at match point and my heart was literally screaming. Just one point and we win. Of course, I'm not gonna make Ushiwaka leave volleyball, I know how that feels but I will definitely make him stop for like a month. I'm pretty sure he overworks himself, just like my brother, this can  strain his muscles and he can suffer from sever injury. A break won't cause him any harm.

But......

We lost the 3rd set and the match. It made me turn pale. They lost and now I have to listen to Ushiwaka. It was really hard to stop the tears to fall off my eyes. I knew pretty well what he is going to ask for.

The team returned to me and I handed them the towels and water bottle, still pale. None of them were able to make eye contact with me and I was somehow disappointed, even though I know I shouldn't. Iwa-san walked towards me and caressed my cheeks with his left hand.

"Don't worry, Ushijima is not a bad guy. He won't ask any ill of you I'm sure of it." I moved away from him and turned to the opposite  direction.

"I know exactly what he is about to ask." and I walked towards Shiratorizawa who had a grin in there face.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi!" I called him and he turned to look at me.

"Even though I know very well what you are gonna ask of me.." this made everyone in the gym look at us, curiously ".... but I want to hear it from you, just to make sure."

"Transfer to Shiratorizawa and become our manager." This made me rise my eyebrow. Strange.

"I knew you will ask for me to join Shiratorizawa but why be your manager?"

"I saw how you put all your faith in the team and trusted Oikawa's words blindly as a captain not as your brother. You even tried your best to motivate them. This time you were at stake but they still lost, pathetic. And if I may add more, you even filled there bottles and handed them towels even after they lost. You can be a perfect manager. Being Oikawa's sister I am pretty sure you know about volleyball. So I want you to be our manager, you deserve a team who will not disgust you, but make you proud and respect your efforts." He said in one breath?

"I object... My sister won't go to Shiratorizawa" Said nii-chan

"You are in no place to say that. You let her down, this time I really thought you were gonna win" replied Ushiwaka

"B-But its not happening, it cannot" big bro stuttered a bit.

"Why so?" asked Semi-san

"No Oikawa sets foot at Shiratorizawa. That's a rule." I don't know how he changed his voice into a proudful one, but he did, even after loosing.

"And who made this rule?" asked Ushiwaka

"Well I did." Is my brother a fool or something? Who made him the captain anyway?

"Shut up everyone. And Ushiwaka, are you sure, is that what you want?" I asked Ushiwaka, just in case.

"Yes" he replied ever so stoically.

I took a deep breath and said "Alright then. Next Monday onwards I'll be a part of Shiratorizawa."

"WHAT!" All of Aoba Johsai screamed in unison.

Well guess that's the end of my journey in Sehjoh. Damn, not only I have to be in Shiratorizawa but  also be the manager of my brother's rival. Did I stuck a deal with the devil? Is he a devil though? We'll figure out..